Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not worried, But very interested.....

I had read some time ago on the securityfocus website about certain hardware equipment vulnerabilities in the tcp/ip stack concerning port 0 (old code in use on equipment could reset by port 0 destination port packet). Check the website for past bugtraps on this, may provide something useful.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Thanks, I'll look into it.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by w-mellon
    I had read some time ago on the securityfocus website about certain hardware equipment vulnerabilities in the tcp/ip stack concerning port 0 (old code in use on equipment could reset by port 0 destination port packet). Check the website for past bugtraps on this, may provide something useful.
    Something like this?

Check Point FireWall-1 UDP Port 0 DoS

That is a bit old though...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Well.... It could be forced to fit the pattern..... Ping the host, see the denied, try the exploit, ping the host see it allowed, Bingo....

However the extended pinging "post-exploit" would be illogical, that and the fact that I learned many years ago in another field that it's too easy to have a theory fit a series of circumstances and allow yourself to believe that you have found "the truth" and move on. You are only conning yourself.

I have to admit though that this one has me pretty baffled as to the reason. It is clearly intentional, I don't believe for a second that there is any "coincidence" in it.... Good job it doesn't worry me too much or I might lose sleep.... But then again, maybe I should be worried....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides