Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M$ Access DB Protection

Hmm, I'm wondering if MySQL is any good. I'm thinking of actually splashing out on some paid hosting from http://www.b-one.net/ they seem to have a pretty decent cheap service going on. 90p /month and £6 /year for a .co.uk, I can afford that.
    I know the moment\'s near and there\'s nothing we can do
    look through a faithless eye are you afraid to die?

Websites I coded: www.fsg-uk.com | www.hackus.tk

Hey Hey

SDK wrote:
    you know a software can crack OfficeXP or Office 2003 file under 5 minutes, tell us, we'll tested it!
    Have you ever heard of the Passware Password Recovery Kit? It's absolutely ridiculous, I created an Office 2k3 Document just moments again for use in this thread. I protected the document against changes only using the password pass123$%antionline (since AO inspired me to test this). All I did was open Office Key (1 of 26 password recovery utilities in this $500USD Suite) and drag the file onto it. In a matter of a couple seconds, if not milliseconds, the application came back to me with this.

Recovering password for the file:
    C:\...\This is a test password protected document.doc

Detected MS Word 2000/97 document

File-Modify password: no password is set
    Document password: [MALLQGHFEVFKDNB] (no brackets) <Copy>
    File-Open password: no password is set
    This confused me, because as you can see the passwords don't match. I opened the Office 2k3 document and attempted to edit it. I was prompted to stop protection, which required the password. I pasted in the password that Office Key had returned to me, and sure enough I was again able to edit the document.

I used to have software to record my desktop, if I can find the software. I will record a small video of me setting a password, saving the file and dragging and dropping it onto the Office Key app.

This software cracks zip files in under 10 seconds and instantaneously cracks FileMaker pro files. I have not yet tested it on any other file types. The 26 apps included in this kit are:

1. 1-2-3 Key
    2. Acrobat Key
    3. Act Key
    4. Backup Key
    5. EFS Key
    6. FileMaker Key
    7. Internet Explorer Key
    8. Lotus Notes Key
    9. Mail Key
    10. Money Key
    11. MYOB Key
    12. Office Key
    13. Organizer Key
    14. Outlook Express Key
    15. Paradox Key
    16. Peachtree Accounting Key
    17. Project Key
    18. Quattro Pro Key
    19. QuickBooks Key
    20. Quicken Key
    21. RAR Key
    22. Schedule Key
    23. Windows XP-2000-NT Key
    24. WordPerfect Key
    25. WordPro Key
    26. Zip Key
    [/quote]

And yes, you are reading number 5 correctly, this suite also cracks Encrypted File System keys. Number 23 - Windows XP-2000-NT Key provides this fuctionality.
    Windows XP/2000/NT Key resets Windows XP/2000/NT security settings if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.

This application creates Windows Key driver disk. Reboot locked system using Windows XP/2000/NT setup disks or CD-ROM and load Windows Key driver. When Windows Key driver is loaded, it will show you the list of Windows installations that could be processed.

Features:

100% recovery rate
    Windows 2003 Server is supported
    Windows XP Home and Professional Editions are supported
    Windows 2000 Professional, Server and Advanced Server are supported
    Windows NT Workstation and Server 4.0 are supported
    Resets Domain Administrator password for Active Directory Domain Controllers (Enterprise Edition only)
    All secure boot options are supported
    All Service Packs are supported
    As I have said, I've yet to test many of these, however the FileMaker Key and Office Key software operates as fast as, if not faster than, the human eye.

Peace,
    HT

AO French Antique News Whore
    I think I know why HTRegz, look like Excel 2003 use Office 97/2000 Password protection by default? What a freaking shame!! This is why you can crack this file without pain and why the software said:

Detected MS Word 2000/97 document

I'm curious about trying with RC4 encryption type. Don't think it can be crack that easily.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Hey Hey,

I was using Word, not Excel.. but that's just splitting hairs.

Anyways... ask and ye shall receive. I've created an Excel sheet with RC4, Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider. I selected 128bit key and used the password ?p4ssw0rd$

It has entered brute force mode.

Recovering password for the file:
    C:\...eguly\Desktop\New Microsoft Excel Worksheet.xls

Detected MS Excel 2002 document

Starting password recovery engine...

Starting Dictionary attack with mutations...
    Dictionary file: dict.txt, 3 mutation(s), 0 mistype(s), length: [1 - 15]
    Symbol set: 0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Testing password: vOLCANIC
    Done: tested 541,808 passwords in 10sec
    Attack speed (passwords per second): 54,045

Starting Xieve attack...
    Xieve table: <built-in>, level: 1%, length: [4 - 9]
    Symbol set: 0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Testing password: fiathak
    (Tested 18,827,326 passwords in 05m 19sec)
    Passwords checked per second: 900,177,793 effective, 58,959 real
    It works decently, however the problem is that using it's current scheme it will never find the password I choose. I suppose for most applications, the average user won't think up a complex password, so the dictionary attack w/ mutations would have been successful and it did only take 10 seconds.

I'll leave this program running since I'm in no need of CPU cycles and I'll post the results to you when it finishes.

Peace,
    HT