Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Core Impact Trial

Question Core Impact Trial

I was wondering if anyone could point me to a link to download core impact. I checked the site, and I even used google. I saw another post from a while ago saying some user found a trial version of 3.2. I Have checked everywhere, I even tried P2P. I would greatly appreciate any help.

[edit]
    I just realized that asking for this program may cause come suspicion, as of its capabilities. I am honestly using it for a pen test on my home network, which runs my webserver, as well as my game servers. I also plan on opening an FTP server.
    [/edit]
    3 Easy Steps To Fixing Windows (Permanently!)
    1) Insert Linux Installation CD (Any Distro)
    2) Read Included Documentation on \"Installing\"
    3) Install Linux

Good Day,

It would seem all roads keep leading back to the main web site:

http://www.coresecurity.com/products...pact/index.php

and better break out the check book as well. It is really costly!

Here's a local thread that talks about it as well:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ht=core+impact

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ht=core+impact

cheers

I saw a demo of it a while back and I was very happy to hear the price tag that goes along with it. At least I know the average skiddie won't be buying one. If memory serves it was $100,000 for a full version. For testing your *own* network they do have limited licenses that only allow you to scan a certain number of hosts. I believe the sales guy said it was about $3500 for 16 hosts.

Does't Metasploit do about the same? , it open source (free) but i don't think there is a windows port. http://www.metasploit.com/
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Originally posted here by lessthanzero
    thanks for your comments Gump. any insight is always better than none - you highlighted some good points.

I've found a trial copy of 3.2. This should give me a decent example of how the product operates and performs even though I think CI is on version 3.3 now.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    <0
    I know there is a demo version somewhere out there. I just can't seem to find it, thanks for your help, it is appreciated.
    3 Easy Steps To Fixing Windows (Permanently!)
    1) Insert Linux Installation CD (Any Distro)
    2) Read Included Documentation on \"Installing\"
    3) Install Linux

Just Another Geek
    Have you tried calling/emailing them asking for a demoversion?
    Maybe it's just not available to the general public but can be made available to potential buyers.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

fwiw Core Impact has seriously dropped their prices. A couple of years ago I talked with them and they were in the $75k plus range. I talked to them again last month and they are down to $7k for full license plus a year of updates/maintenance.

I don't know about you, but if I was a company that paid 75k for a product two years ago that is now selling for a 10th of what it was I would be pissed.

Anyway, I don't think you can download a trial from them. I'm pretty sure you have to work with a sales person to get a trial.

For your home system you might want to look in to Metasploit instead, but you business network guys should check in to Core Impact they have some good stuff.

lumpyporridge there is a windows port for Metasploit. We have been checking it out here at work. There is a link from their downloads section to it. Metasploit can be roughly compared to Core Impact, but metasploit doesn't update with 0-days... actually I'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't be updating it with new exploits for quite some time. Core Impact has daily stuff most of the time, as does Immunity Canvas (but Immunity is a one man shop unlike Core).

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Metasploit is nothing like core Impact. Metasploit is a frame work for expolits, and it well worth having (DCOM on NT4 for example). Core Impact is a whole package (port scanning, service finger priniting, expoliting, and continued testing from an expolited machine), and tries to almost do all the security testing, but just clicking a mouse button. I have seen a demo of it and was not impressed in what I saw. All the things it did could be done by better tools (funny their port scanner worked in a very muck like nmap) as for the exploits most can found if you look hard enough.

SittingDuck
    I\'m a SittingDuck, but the question is \"Is your web app a Sitting Duck?\"

ya, i agreed with SittingDuck...... Metasploit allow u to do exploits for the system..... mostly u can add on exploits being explore and try to run the exploit like bufferoverflow to the target if they didnt do well in the patch management..........

well, i do have the FULL VERSION of the Core Impact.... that might cost u few thousand in the market....... erm......... anything nice and valuable stuff to exchange ??

SittingDuck - even the folks at Metaspoilt say that their product is roughly equivilant to both Core Impact and Immunity Canvas. Roughly equivilant.

Angusy - poor form there mate. Attempting to trade a copyrighted/trademarked material on AO is a big no no.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.