XP Logon - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XP Logon

sirmills,
    any comments in defense of your situation...?

Super Moderator
    Know-it-All Master Beaver

Hey Hey,

I wanted to say something clever and witty here, but all I could do is laugh. He's right about one thing.. I don't have any p***y right now, it's sleeping about 3 feet away from me. Maybe I'll go get me some just to prove him wrong... I'd love to flame this, but I've promised not to and it's rather old now...

I'm kinda curious now. Those of you that work for organizations and businesses. How many of you have some sort of password recovery software laying around? We have ERD Commander 2003 and the Linux bootdisk NT Password Cracker. Hell I even made a bootable XP CD that contains locksmith (Password Util from ERD) using BartPE. It's not overly difficult. So how many of you actually have some sort of software? I'd find it hard to believe that a schoolboard wouldn't fork out a couple hundred bucks (or the cost of a floppy/cd for the linux one) for software in case something like this actually happened.

While I'm posting, don't most schools usually run on domains? My College is on a domain, my HS is on a domain, and my former elementary school is now on a domain (that was too long ago for them to know what a domain was). Anyways... if the "IT dude" is that useless wouldn't you call one of the board guys to come down and fix the problem? They could just log in as a domain admin and fix the problems.

Just my 2 cents....

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

the kid is definitly giving it a heck of a try, albiet completly uneducated. im going to give him an 'A' for effort:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

now ill go neg'em!

ahh HT! ive got a linux disk for changing passwords but i never have to use it. in my world the admin sets the local admin password then sets up an account for the user.

the only time ive every had to crack passwords was for office files (access/excell) when people leave.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yea your right I gots lots O password recovery stuff
    As many vendors as we work with it isn't hard to talk a tech into letting you get into there dbase and pull some stuff out, or better yet just have him e-mail it

How many remember how to recover a cisco 1600 password ???? it's not that hard, but you do have to compleatly reset everything
    tired of being called an ass

Super Moderator
    Know-it-All Master Beaver

Originally posted here by oldguy

How many remember how to recover a cisco 1600 password ???? it's not that hard, but you do have to compleatly reset everything
    Hey Hey,

Since we cover that in class (all the time.. it's amazing how many students get their jolies from changing passwords), here's a handy reference site that I keep in my bookmarks.
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/

ahh HT! ive got a linux disk for changing passwords but i never have to use it. in my world the admin sets the local admin password then sets up an account for the user.
    That linux disk is great, we use it all the time because we rent out laptops and the students have full admin access (at the end of the semester we ghost them and issue them to new students). anyways.... It's great when the admin can do that, however I know at least a dozen teachers at my HS that had the local admin password, and only one of them was supposed to. Quite frequently they'd log me in and then walk away and leave me to fix the problems. So problems can arise, even without the IT people knowing about it. As soon as you share the password with a single person.... everyone starts to find out....

Man, I can't wait to get out into the real IT world...

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

arrrgh...not the control/break sequence again.

remember your banner ads: "Authorized users only"

It is about choices...you know how to, but don't abuse.
    Then some folks can't help it....

sirmills...?