Thread: Need help on files recovery

Lightbulb Need help on files recovery

I am making a application for cleaning junk files and somehow got all the files in the root directory in my WinMe deleted. All the folders and the files in them are still there, except those files that are in the root directory in my C drive. I used PC Inspector File Recovery program but all the files became empty and therefore I am unable to recover them. Only the filenames are there.

Can anyone tell me of any other ways to recover the deleted files? Are there any important system files that are in the root directory? Thanks.

Well

There is always system restore if you had the cunning to manually set a recovery point before you started experimenting.?

However, it depends on your configuration I suppose? Apart from autoexec.bat and command.com I haven't got much in there

Will your system boot, if not, what happens & what messages do you get? you should be able to restore basic requirements from your .cab files or the Windows CD?

Good luck

My system can boot but the Windows screen showing the WinMe logo only appears for 1 second unlike the past, other than that, my system is working fine. The file autoexec.bat and command.com is still there. However, I have an important encrypted file containing some pictures and documents is gone from the root directory, now I don't think there is a way for me to recover it. I have a backup of the contents inside the encrypted file in my CD-RW, but unfortunately I deleted them two days ago as I want to back them up a few days later to another CD-RW. Now everything are gone.

PLEASE!

Do not defragment, and do not attempt to load new software................I will edit this post shortly...........need to check a few things..........old people like me, tend to forget?

cheers

EDIT:
    I have a backup of the contents inside the encrypted file in my CD-RW, but unfortunately I deleted them two days ago as I want to back them up a few days later to another CD-RW. Now everything are gone.
    DO NOT USE THAT CD-RW!..............that is my plan "B" ................hey I did not know I had a second option

Is there a way to recover data from CD-RW?

Yes,

But I have a lady who foolishly agreed to marry me a long time ago............I have to take her out for a meal tonight?

Will talk Monday huh?

Well, I have never actually tried this program but you can give a try. The site includes a CD-RW recover and a Hard Drive one as well.
    http://www.cddataguys.com/software.htm
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!