Thread: Bad Memory??

Bad Memory??

I've seen something just like this image, with numbers just like that (maybe a little different).
    Is there something wrong with my memory?

It is difficult to conclude with only one picture. But this issue could be from the program (hl.exe) which may try to write some informations on locations already used by another software. Your error message sounds caracteristic of a memory allocation conflict between software.
    So, if you don't have another memory problem, you can suppose your physical memory is good.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Smile

hi there,
    You may download system tool AIDA32 which will give you a loot of info about your pc and on bottom part has benchmark for memory read and write
    test it
    good luck

http://www.webattack.com/get/aida32.shtml

IMHO, not a true memory error...............I will go with KissCool and say it is more of a "deadly embrace", that is what happens when two proggies try to use the same resources.

SiSoft "sandra" is another good diagnostics tool you might like to try.

Good luck

AO French Antique News Whore
    Originally posted here by unvi$ible
    hi there,
    You may download system tool AIDA32 which will give you a loot of info about your pc and on bottom part has benchmark for memory read and write
    test it
    good luck

http://www.webattack.com/get/aida32.shtml
    Aida32 is no longer support. The guy got a job at a compagnie name Lavalys from Montreal, Canada and he rename Aida32 to Everest. Their a free version for personnal use.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Originally posted here by KissCool
    It is difficult to conclude with only one picture. But this issue could be from the program (hl.exe) which may try to write some informations on locations already used by another software. Your error message sounds caracteristic of a memory allocation conflict between software.
    So, if you don't have another memory problem, you can suppose your physical memory is good.
    This is correct. If this is the hl.exe that I am thinking about (Half Life or Counterstrike related) then its not a problem.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I agree with ^. If it is Half-Life (or Half-Life derived games, mods, ect, ect.) Just try getting out the Task Manager and terminating some running programs. End anything that looks like it's useless. Technically, you can terminate any of them (I think), except Explorer. You might not want to if one of them is some sound application or something. When the game's over, just switch 'em back on.
    \"I ONLY DRINK THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES....and maybe a strawberry yoohoo....and a...Pina Co-la-da!...
    If you like pina coladas....ugh!, gettin\' caught in the rain....ugh!\"
    -Sarge

i agree with you guys its a game named Half Life counter strike, you I think just reinstall your Half life game. Is this error is appearing on the booting stage, try to disable it using the MSCONFIG command, go to start - run - type- MSCONFIG.

I hope this helps!!

********** |ceWriterguy
    Hey jin - look up at the little flashing date in the post above yours. This means that the last time this thread was addressed in any way was last May. It's surely a bit too late to post now eh?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!