Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sarin gas found in Iraq

I care about the Geneva Convention bballad. At a minimum it brings some civility to war, like not mass killing prisoners, or shooting medical vans and churches. Some seem to only care about it when it harms the United States, not when it supports it. I don't have a problem with those soldiers getting court marshaled. **** one is already serving time. I do have a problem losing a war because of the convention, only in the fact that these people we are fighting don't believe in our own moral background the drives the convention. They do not apply the same logic, and they prove it over and over again to your blind eyes.

So since nerve agents aren't deadly, should we take them off the list of no-no weapons? Some points, you failed to mention the over 500 serious injuries that resulted. Continued exposure to the agent would have resulted in certain death. Like say an airline flight from Heathrow to Washington, around 8 hours. Of course the person triggering the agent would die also in that situation. All from a tiny liter bag. That's why it's a WMD. A train moving fast in a tunnel that is well ventilated isn't a good test if I was a terrorist I would do a plane. But perhaps mass casualties weren't their goal, the massive television coverage and the terror of traveling across Japan may have been the goal. It interrupted infrastructure, the gold mine of a terrorist.

Hell as noted in Spain, a bomb on a train will do more damage. In this critical test you claim defeats the toxicity of Sarin gas, one were a tiny drop can kill you, you don’t realize that when people started feeling sick they got off the train and got out of the exposure zone, in fact people were getting on and off as the trains made their rounds. It definitely shows that an attack on vehicles where people can escape exposure is limited and not the best way to kill people unless there is a much higher dosage or airflow is limited, or you spray them vs. a puddle on the floor.. If you’re just trying to freak them out it works great.

Those shells contained small amounts. They aren't design to produce mass casualties, they are design to bombard small units and either destroy them or incapacitate them with sickness. They are weapon of terror, if you feel otherwise then I guess we can start using them.

wingnut? lol.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

In an artilery shell it is less then effective...so what we have is a waepon of terror, that if used in the proper enviroment, seald airplane or other such where the victems cannot get to fresh air. Hell look at the reports out of iraq when they gassed the kurds, they found that the ycould have killed a lot more more cheaply if they had used conventional explosives insted of chemical weapons. Sarin gas is not a conserin to our military, it is a psycological waepon used to spread fear but is ratehr inefective beyond that.

Look at your plain analogy, if they had a smallish bobmb, or a gun and the ability to get in the pilots cabin they could kill every one on the plane, so is a 9mm now a wmd?

So you support the geniva convention? S othe tourture in Abu Grahib is well within the convention? You know where at least 8 prisoners where beaten to death and the "intaragation" sessions wher witnessed by at least one general?
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I think the point that many are missing is that the Geneva Convention applies to the treatment of captured enemy soldiers and the treatment of civilians. It does not address a remaining group.

Terrorists attack uniformed soldiers but are not uniformed themselves, hence they are not covered by the rules for the treatment of captured soldiers. By that same token they place themselves outside the group known as civilians since they are attacking the military. Thus, they also preclude themselves from the treatment afforded the civilians by the Convention. Bearing in mind, they made the choice to place themselves in this third group, what should they expect? Should everyone buddy up to them and go out of their way to be nice and gentle.... I think not.... These are killers who will not hesitate for a second to kill a guard if they get the chance..... If I were a guard I would let them know who is boss, I'm going to keep them constantly off-balance, cold, wet, tired and hungry..... They will believe that their lives are at my whim...... They made ther beds.... Now they don't want to lie in them????? Sorry.... Naahhhh.... I'm not sorry.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

bballad, I don't fully support what happend in the prison. I support the way it was handled. Those 12 people out of hundreds of thousands over there are going to jail. Perhaps you would be happy with their public execution? Not sure what you want.

I find it difficult to mass kill almost 500 people in a jampacked 747 with a 9mm hand gun, the there fore it's not a weapon of mass destruction. If you want to use that anology of getting to the pilot, then a real world example is 9/11 2 planes not only killed over 3 thousand people guilty of going to work that day, they destroyed 2 of the worlds largest man-made structures and sped up the demise of an already downturned economy. In this case, perhaps everyday objects in the hands of dangerous individuals do become a WMD. Who knows what can be next. Because if their infrastructure is not dismantled it will happen again in my mind.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

You've never head of "gorilla warfare?" It's not monkeys with guns you ****nut, and you proably do know that since the term has been more then made public-savvy via CNN, good job, you managed to extend your post with pointless crap about actual monkeys. Ignorance represented by age? What the hell are you talking about? Yes, once you turn a specific age, POOF you magicly become the all godly being that Cybr1d is...
    Hey moron...its called Guerrilla Warfare. Gorillas are not monkeys either, they're Apes.
    Only half the Topic was about monkey crap...the rest was on the subject to prove you wrong...not too hard to do.

POOF you magicly become the all godly being that Cybr1d is...
    Magic don't work...Its called knowledge earned from experience, school, and reading. You can start getting there by reading my whole post first, before jumping at the bottom of a screen to reply with yet another moronic response.

Ignorance represented by age? What the hell are you talking about?
    You continue to prove the statement correct. You seriuosly don't know what we're talking about? You're 15, half the **** you are talking about...you have no clue what it is. You're arguing about word of mouth and other **** that you and your high school buddies might have talked about during lunch hour, without actually bothering to read the facts...and come up with an educated argument. Once again you are going to respond to this post with another empty argument, continuously proving yourself wrong.

I never said people didn't die from anthrax, I said that using ducktape to "protect" yourself is the dumbest load of **** I've ever heard, next to "duck and cover" from the cold war. Hey, I guess if they make it look like they have a method of saving your ass, you'll belive them without question.
    Fact: Many of these gas-chemicals are smaller then the microscopic holes in plastic (much like AIDS can go though sheepskin, in compairson), and can easily move through the tape seams. Not only this, but for it to be effective in ANY way whatsoever, the entire area would need to be air-tight, in which case the people would be dead from a lack of oxygen.

I fail to see how Homeland Security can justify this bullshit in any way, it just created panic, and a shortage of plastic and tape in hardware stores.

Wow! You passed highschool chemestry too!?! OMFG WOW you know that? It's easy to make weapons, that is my point, I'm saying that anyone could have made it. WOW!!! ISN'T THAT SO COOL?!?! Christ man... your saying I'm ignorant?
    Yup, I'm calling you ignorant...well now that you continue to argue i'm calling you stupid.

Anyone could have made it, thats true...but not just anyone could have put it inside a 155MM shell you ****tard...thats the issue here...not just that Sarin Gas was found....but it was found in a ****ing 155mm SHELL!

never said people didn't die from anthrax, I said that using ducktape to "protect" yourself is the dumbest load of **** I've ever heard, next to "duck and cover" from the cold war. Hey, I guess if they make it look like they have a method of saving your ass, you'll belive them without question
    Once again being very ignorant. That was the belief at the time...they thought that could help....not necessarily being true...but thats what they thought. If the same exact thing happened in Canada...you would do the same....if Everyone told you that ducking under a table would save your life...**** yeah, you'd be the first one down there.

Wow! You passed highschool chemestry too!?!
    Yes I did...I'm guessing you haven't taken it yet...or taking it now? Go finish your homework, brush your teeth and go to sleep now, its getting late.

Sarin gas is not a conserin to our military, it is a psycological waepon used to spread fear but is ratehr inefective beyond that.
    bballad, psychological warfare is very true...and a very effective way to fight a war. Would you rather have soldiers with balls of steel who wouldn't back up from a fight or would you rather have soldiers scared of a sneeze?

bballad
    question again for the wingnuts, how is attacking iraq in any way stoping or hurting alquida? the only alquida camp in prewar iraq was associated with our allies there the kurds.
    I guess I am a wingnut since I would rather have the terrorist coming after me than an innocent civilian. So I say wingnuts unite. Allow those who argue over newspaper comments sitting in their nice lazy-boys complain about what are nations armed forces are doing.

You asked what attacking Iraq did.
    Read this.

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/pgtrpt/2003/

Fact: Iraq was a large monetary supplier to terrorist.

Fact: Those who would like to come to America and attack us on our own soil are now in Iraq fighting men and women who shoot back.

Fact: Global terrorism is down by 45% since 2001.

If you need more I have more.

Peace.
    Honesty
    Everyone wants to know it but nobody wants to hear it.

Opps I forgot one other thing.

These are all the terrorist organizations that have been deemed hostile towards the United States and its allies.

Abu Nidal organization (ANO)
    Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)
    Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
    Ansar al-Islam (AI)
    Armed Islamic Group (GIA)
    ‘Asbat al-Ansar
    Aum Supreme Truth (Aum) Aum Shinrikyo, Aleph
    Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)
    Communist Party of Philippines/New People’s Army (CPP/NPA)
    Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group, IG)
    HAMAS (Islamic Resistance Movement)
    Harakat ul Mujahidin (HUM)
    Hizballah (Party of God)
    Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU)
    Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM)
    Jemaah Islamiya (JI)
    Al-Jihad (Egyptian Islamic Jihad, EIJ)
    Kahane Chai (Kach)
    Kongra-Gel (KGK, formerly Kurdistan Workers’ Party, PKK, KADEK)
    Lashkar-e-Tayyiba (LT)
    Lashkar I Jhangvi (LJ)
    Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
    Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MEK or MKO)
    National Liberation Army (ELN)—Colombia
    Palestine Islamic Jihad (PIJ)
    Palestine Liberation Front (PLF)
    Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)
    Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine–General Command (PFLP-GC)
    Al-Qaida
    Real IRA (RIRA)
    Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC)
    Revolutionary Nuclei (RN)
    Revolutionary Organization 17 November (17 November)
    Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C) 135
    Salafi st Group for Call and Combat (GSPC)
    Sendero Luminoso (Shining Path or SL)
    United Self-Defense Forces/Group of Colombia (AUC)

We are not just up against Al-Qaida
    Honesty

right jackell and none of them have been successful in 2 1/2 years (knock wood and thank the lord). and thats not because were doing everything wrong

i just think its too "coincidental" that sarin and mustard gas both turn up within a few days of each other. the mustard was not effective because it was stored wrong. like burried in the sand.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Anyone could have made it, thats true...but not just anyone could have put it inside a 155MM shell you ****tard...thats the issue here...not just that Sarin Gas was found....but it was found in a ****ing 155mm SHELL!
    So it was Saddam's government who did it? Which is the only logical answer, with all of the black market to terrorist trades going on.
    Hi.

right jackell and none of them have been successful in 2 1/2 years (knock wood and thank the lord). and thats not because were doing everything wrong
    They have been successful in the last 2 ½ years. Just not on American soil. Right now there is more attacks in Latin America than in the middle east & Africa. First time in 25 years that has happened. They are facing armed resistance for the first time. I personally believe they don't know what to do.

i just think its too "coincidental" that sarin and mustard gas both turn up within a few days of each other. the mustard was not effective because it was stored wrong. like burried in the sand.
    That is your theory. I will let it go until I see all the facts. The facts that I see are that we went into Iraq under the cover of WMD in order to take out Ansar Al-Islam. A group that was pursuing chemical weapons and was funded by Saddam. History won't be written for many years to come so we will see what's to come.
    Honesty