Thread: who knows integrating flash 5 to vb6

who knows integrating flash 5 to vb6

hellow again,

need your tiny little on the matter. who knows how to integrate flash 5 to visual basic 6. all i know was dropping a shockwave object to a form but the flash movie does not move. what actually happened was that, the embedded flash movie object just looks like a picture that doesn't move. but i haven't venture more yet on how to make flash movie move on a VB form.
    thanks for the replies..

morrissey

Ok, well i just played around with the shockwave object (version 7). i have a movie entitled "import_video.swf" in the movie field. This came as a sample with flash MX. Here's what i've figured out.

There are different types of "flash movies" (yeah a big surprise right? *sarcasm*). I have some that are interactive with the user (such as a game) and running flash1.stop or flash1.playing=false doesn't work. But i have some that are just movies (like import_video.swf). I am able to stop the movie by either executing flash1.stop or flash1.playing=false. Of course i can also start it up again by executing flash1.play or flash1.playing=true.

BTW: checking macromedia's site is just useless as far as i have seen. Or maybe it's just me.

but i did find some other commands like tplay that i don't really know how they work. I'll have to experiment more. But its 4am right now, so i'll just leave it at that
    You are so bored that you are reading my signature?