Thread: A+ Certification

A+ Certification

Hi, i am thinking of taking a test for the A+ certification however i don't know exactly what needs to be known and if im lacking any knowledge.

Heres the deal, Im 16, i know how to put together computers install OSes and any software/hardware. I know intermidiate Windows Xp troubleshooting. I know some of the basic units of data measurement (the "Byte", all divisible by 16 i.e. 1 gig= 1024 mb, 1 mb = 1024 kb etc.) and speeds(PC3200=DDR400, 1000mhz= 1 ghz). I know how to set up a basic network (1 router and 2+ comps/switches/printservers). I also know some other little things but too much more to list. I would like to know if anyone knows of any websites with free "pre-tests" or Test prep information specifically regarding this topic or even a thread on this fourm if i happened to miss it and if there is an age requirement. Any Help given is greatly appreciated.

hey thanks man. Just what i wanted.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Good Luck on A+. It's not very hard if you can afford it!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Dont forget Printers!

i thought i was upto passing my A+ many years ago but when i took the exam i realized i didnt know squat about printers!!

Hey check you AO inbox.

I"m so excited for next school year, i get to take a computer class at a differant school from 11:00 to 2:30. We get to cover A+ for the first year, and everything networking the next year. Best part is my school is picking up the tab and i get 18 college credits for pretty much hanging out with a bunch of other geeks all day and doing what i love, not to mention the fact that the teacher rocks the freaking party!
    Even if your plane crashed tonight you\'d find some way to disappoint by not burning in the wreckage or drowning at the bottom of the sea

Good luck to ya mate, i wish I could have done something like that, make the most of it whilst you can!