Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: View all hidden posts option

Works fine for me now, before it wasn't showing banned members' posts (as I said) but now I can see all the threads.

Was it a difficult change to implement, only last time I asked JP made out that it wasn't worth the effort?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

It wasn't that hard... I just had to write the cookie code and then add about 3 new lines to the page that displays threads.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Heh heh heh.....I use Firefox with Proxomitron and had to turn off the proxy settings to be able to set the cookie. After that it work just fine with my Proxomitron on or off (untill I clear my cookies of course, then I will have to reset it).
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Custom User
    Hey mnstrgrl, sorry to bug you about this hidden post thing, but could you possibly edit the code in the threads part of the site so that it says something like "hidden post" when you are viewing a hidden post and have the option set to view all hidden posts?

I know this might seem a bit strange since if you want to view all hidden posts, you probably don't care if someone has hidden their post or not, but it is still interesting to know whether or not that post has been hidden.

Thanks,

ac

gothic_type -- I actually had that thought when I was working on this. It's in place now. Under the "posted (date/time)" line, you'll see text indicating if you're viewing a post which has been hidden by a user or which is from a banned user.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Custom User
    Thanks a lot. That's amazing...people had only just been discussing it when you began to implement the feature. *Sends praise mnstrgrl's way*

ac

I just discovered this feature on the main page, and I LOVE IT!!! I'm a little slow sometimes, but great job m-girl, thanks Opening all of the hidden posts on dial-up sucked really really bad.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

This new feature rawks! Especially after members with tons of posts are banned... It's like everywhere I turn - every thread I go to I'd have to click to see a post b/c of some member that had like a billion posts was banned.

*edit*

In response to Spyder32's post below...you're right, I'm gonna edit this post to be more generic...my bad and thx for pointing that out!

keezel: Although your somewhat right It's not right to single out a member or put a certain individual member out like that.
    Space For Rent.. =]