Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: locked windows XP..

Banned
    You still need administrator (or equivalent) password to get access.
    Well when i boot, there is an option to access an account called "administrator" and under that account are all the account i added manually....And the Admin user account is without a password in safe mode. I ddi try to boot into safe mode at schol just to test the secuirty and how good the teacher secured the computer, and he disabled booting up into safe mode. That answers the queston, that somebody at work could just "boot" up into safe mode and change the password. It is possible to disable safe mode.

Originally posted here by MemorY
    Well when i boot, there is an option to access an account called "administrator" and under that account are all the account i added manually....And the Admin user account is without a password in safe mode. I ddi try to boot into safe mode at schol just to test the secuirty and how good the teacher secured the computer, and he disabled booting up into safe mode. That answers the queston, that somebody at work could just "boot" up into safe mode and change the password. It is possible to disable safe mode.

I was going to mention this, but then I re-read the spaghetti-string English post, and found out this account was locked.
    I\'m back.

Originally posted here by Spyder32
    With the good indeed come's the bad, but that Passware program sounded more to me as if it was meant more for malicious intention's. I mean, think of like a program description for it.

An example of the good.

Local not for profit found my company in the phone book and called needing help.
    They had a Windows SBS server and used a local college student to admin the box
    as needed. The student graduated and moved back home without making any arrangements
    to pass on important info like admin passwords. The server was giving problems and needed a looksee. I walked in there blind with no admin account info and some desperate users looking to me for help. Passware allowed me to get their access back in a few minutes saving them a ton of time, trouble, and money they didnt have in the 1st place.

Recovering lost passwords on everything from Access databases to Windows servers is a very common situation. I get several calls per month and am glad I can offer quick help with tools like Passware.

Good example, and I hope it was made clear that I understand it could be used for both good and bad.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Any tool is as good as the hand which uses it ...

well as for my problem.. its kindda solved now.. i hope the tool would work... and fellows.. the box is now owned by any hacker,

it was just a password change .. to make the computer out of use.... rest assured is fine...

thanks for help everyone
    [shadow][gloworange]there are 10 types of people in this world,
    those who understand binary...and those who dont.[/gloworange][/shadow]

Any tool is as good as the hand which uses it ...
    the difference between an apprentice and the Craftsman..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Memory, i have no idea how do enable that "No password admin safe boot".

On all Windows XP here, you cannot enter (in safe mode) at admin account without a password.

Could you put some details here? I can use this at my home computer.....
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.