Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: summer intern is a known hacker

if its broke dont try to fix it
    I agree..... wait a sec..

jk

but illwill, its not so much that the guy is into hacking, he stands accused of stealing credit card numbers from retail stores. which to me goes beyond any quest for knowledge. maybe a jury of his piers will listen and decide he didn't plan to use/sell them, but then again maybe he'll be proved to be just a criminal. either way locking him down until the truth is known is the prudent thing to do.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hi, I just had a new thought on the matter (yeah......must be the alcohol kicking in )

From "currently being prosecuted for hacking a national chain store's network and stealing credit card numbers" it sounds like he is under a criminal investigation
    I wonder what the legal implications of this are?............like can't his defence lawyer say "just foolish curiosity............look, this corporation hired him in their IT department for the summer, and they knew about this"

Over here we have a concept of "sub judice" (under judgement) which means that certain pending cases cannot be discussed by the media, as it would produce a mis-trial. Similarly, conditions of bail/supervision orders might prohibit a person from engaging in certain activities pertinent to the charges, until the case is tried.

Just a thought

http://tommee.net/Hire%20a%20Hacker/...%20hacker.html
    thought this was pretty funny

anyhow yea he might have been accused of 'stealing credit cards' but how many guys have you known to say 'hey guess what i just owned company xyz' he just wanted to probably look even cooler by saying 'hey i hacked company xyz, and check all these credit cards i got' which probably in turn was his downfall for being caught

I would have to agree, dont hire this kid. I think hiring a hacker can be an ok thing. But hiring one who has obviously made it known that he wishes to do evil is foolish. Either this kid is really smart, or hes a script kiddie, either way he has a poor sense of morals. But if you do hire him, then just monitor him. If he does not do anything and seems to be an OK kid who just made a mistake, well, sometimes thats just the way things happen.
    two words: Be careful.
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

true! but ive also know some people that were just plain theives
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”