Okay first a little information. I am running Mandrake Linux 9.2 for among other things to be a Samba File Server. I have a 5 gig, a 120 gig, and a 160 gig in the system. The 5 gig is used to house the OS and nothing else. The other two drives hold lots and lots of stuff. I have had this running for a year now and have never seen any problems. Continuing, I keep on my main computer all the program installation files I have ever used in case I have to format (it is on a secondary 10 gig). I was planning on moving this data to the server so I could use the 10 gig in a system I am building for someone. Anyways, I moved all the data over explorer to the linux box. I checked the data against each other and everything was ok. All 4.23 gigs had transferred and I could access them as well. However, I came back later and was going to add something to the backup programs that I left out. Upon moving the file I happened to notice that not one, but every file that I had just moved (4.23 gigs) had been reduced to 0 bytes. I said WTF, deleted everything and moved all the files again.

Well skipping again, the same thing has happened again, and now that drive is missing 13 gigs. That is right but here is the messed up thing, upon doing a "df" I get this:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2
3.7G 3.1G 657M 83% /
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
99M 14M 80M 15% /boot
/dev/ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/part1
112G 109G 2.7G 98% /mnt/server
/dev/ide/host0/bus1/target1/lun0/part1
149G 145G 4.5G 98% /mnt/windows_2
The drive in Question is the /mnt/windows_2. This drive is formatted with the FAT32 filesystem (so I can add and view files in linux and Windows). The drive is 160 gig, which means that it is actually only 149 gigs (damn hardrive companies being stupid), and it says that I have 5 gigs left.
Here is where I am freaking out. I did a "du" on the drive in question:

2.2G ./Documents
666M ./Pictures
100G ./Videos
30G ./Movies
140M ./Games
21M ./Programs
5.8M ./Music
27M ./backup
133G .
That is right, all the data on that drive is only using 133 gigs which should give me extra space of 13 gigs. That and you will notice that the "Programs section only says 21 gigs." If you haven't run out of the room screaming by now, help would be mighty appreciated!