Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what can anyone tell me about Promptcast?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

what can anyone tell me about Promptcast?

hi, i take survey's for a website called www.surveys.com sposedly you can receive money for taking surveys ( i havent got any yet!) and anyway promptcast is a program they want you to install to take video surveys and the like... well does it contain spyware or anything that will harm my computer??
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Dont.

If it want's to install itself onto your computer, chances are it is spyware. Stay away from it and any other program/website that want's to install anything onto your computer. Be very wary of what you download as well.
    Space For Rent.. =]

one think that i've learned in life is that, Money is not free and you have to do something for it. Taking surveys hardly seems legit.

BTW...they say they give you a chance to win cash prices. Not necessarily pay you money for taking surveys.

That bring's up a good point Cybr1d, who the hell is going to pay anyone money to take a survey? Gotta be a catch in there somewhere. It's alway's good to use common sense when you come across these thing's.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    Actually, there are tons of legit business (on the net and in ummm... real life) that pay you to take surveys.
    Surveys are big money (think of AC Nielsen, JD Powers,... - not exactly the smallest companies). Before the internet was common-spread, they'd have to print out tons of survey forms, waste money to have them sent out, process them all by hand,...
    Companies pay big bucks for opinions, and the survey companies make big bucks with surveys, gathering opinions. If you know what the public thinks, you're on a goldmine.

It's not exactly a get-rich-quick scenario, and in your case, TheTexan (being a student and all), I'd advise you not to waste your time on them. Most surveys only pay around $5/hour of work. Sometimes, there's a hidden gem, but it takes time (time you should be spending studying... or getting a real job ) to get to recognize them...

We sincerely appreciate your involvement in the SurveySavvy community. Thanks to consumers like you, manufacturers can continue to provide you with products and services tailored specifically to your needs. SurveySavvy invites you to continue your contributions to this process by participating in an online survey. We will keep your responses in the strictest confidence, and they will be used for research purposes only.

If you qualify for and complete this survey, your account will be credited 50 dollars within two weeks. Intelligence adds up!
    That was $50 in 12 minutes... heh.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Actually it's quite a common tactic of market research companies to offer money in return for your time. The more "qualified" the targeted demographic the more money they are prepared to pay. At work I am often offered $25, $50 or $75 for 20-30 minutes of my time, (at least once a month). If the survey is something I am interested in and the money is right... I'll participate, but they usually degenerate into pretty boring crap so you can answer away and work at the same time.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Well i have a real job, but i was just wondering if this was even worth persueing... thanx for the opinions and help yall.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    The Texan,
    I find this kind of odd, surveys.com states right here that Promptcast doesn't install any kind of spyware/adware.

When you install the Surveys.com PromptCast© program, the installer will NOT put any monitoring software (e.g. "spyware", "adware", or otherwise hidden applications) on your system. Surveys.com has no interest and will not collect any information on you without your consent We do NOT install any advertising modules or "spyware" which can track your web surfing habits or anything else you might not know about
    all you had to do was click the Promptcast tab on the main page, go about halfway down and you would have seen that there's a specific section dealing with exactly what you're asking.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

If it sound to be true it more in likely is. Don't just push a button in any old site, beware of what goes on your computer. I found when you do those types of downloads, they get into your system and can log everything you do and go. So don't do it.