Thread: Looking for ACPI help with SuSE 9

Looking for ACPI help with SuSE 9

I have been going crazy trying to get my Toshiba Satellite A35-S15 to standby when the screen is shut. I just compiled and installed the 2.6.5 kernel into SuSE 9. (Same problem with the 2.4.x kernels too).

One of the problems is that the BIOS is a PhoenixBIOS and not the standard Toshiba BIOS.

I already have ACPI correctly configured in the kernel. I just need to know if anyone has encountered this, and knows of a fix that will allow the standby support. Officially, standby/hibernate is not supported yet. Is there anywhere that I might be able to get even an experimental driver or workaround for this? Kernel patch maybe?

Thanks in advance...
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Looking for ACPI help with SuSE 9

I have been going crazy trying to get my Toshiba Satellite A35-S15 to standby when the screen is shut. I just compiled and installed the 2.6.5 kernel into SuSE 9. (Same problem with the 2.4.x kernels too).

One of the problems is that the BIOS is a PhoenixBIOS and not the standard Toshiba BIOS.

I already have ACPI correctly configured in the kernel. I just need to know if anyone has encountered this, and knows of a fix that will allow the standby support. Officially, standby/hibernate is not supported yet. Is there anywhere that I might be able to get even an experimental driver or workaround for this? Kernel patch maybe?

Thanks in advance...

If possible, can you attach dmesg output and your .config for the kernel...

Actually, it's not an issue anymore.

I upgraded to SuSE 9.1 and I finally got it working. (New kernel had better ACPI support.)

I hate Phoenix BIOS'.