Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems fixing computer.

jus google (Dell Computer Corporation Dimension 4500S) it will you to the right sites for your MoBo downloads

Don't know if you still need it but here is a LINK to the specifications of your DELL pc

Hope it helps though cuzz video (intel graphics) doesn't say much I think
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

HMM....I just remembered...and I feel very very very stupid right now...but perhaps I should just ask for the customer's CDs that came with the computer...all the drivers and utilities are in there. I have about 7 copies of them in my store, for the internet cafe but I'm using a different dell. You think it would matter much which Dell version it is? They all come with integrated video cards.

That just might solve the problem.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

As long as all they are for the same make Mo Bo and graphics chip it should work, but obvioulsy if the driver is for a different graphics chip it wont work, it may not cause any more problems for you though as you dont have any drivers installed for it anyway!

Its worth a try mate!!

well im glad you answered your own question. their on the dell resource disk. theres alse a seperate disk for the modem and roxio. before it unpacks it will list the model numbers it applies to...i hate dell resource disks. after you unpack them to the hd burn them to a cd. dont use the default folder names you'll never know later what they are. use /dell/drivers/vidio rather than their del/drivers/R1234567
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

As long as they have the same chipset the other cds will work... If you can, find some way to find out what chipset both computers have because if they have the same even if they are a different retail model the drivers will work...

if your still having problems Fdisking the drive you might want to check out bootdisk.com
    they have some old boot disks that will put dos on the system so that you can reformat the drive.
    [Shadow] have you ever noticed work is like a tree full of monkeys you look down and all you see is monkeys below you then you look up and all you see is a bunch of *******s above[/shadow]

Cant run Win Update?

Gaobot family of malware will do that.. and can be %$#$ hard to find.. many different varieties.. , will also stufff up the updates for NAV, AVG, PC-Cillen etc.. Go to one of the AV sites and get ahold of the generic removal tools, run it in safe mode then in normal mode.. then get each of the others.. run thenm as well..
    With the Video Drivers.. HAVE A LOOK AT THE MOBO CHIPSET NUMBERS.. that is oneway of finding the drivers ..XX810 is intel 810 series.... DELL isn't that bad when it comes to getting drivers.. compared to Compaq/HP

I skiped may of the post in this thread.. but was Bugbear mentioned in dispatches? some thing about it and screen resolution rings a bell..

also.. you have turned OFF system restore haven't you? Yes ..good.. I am suprised at the number of ppl who recommend using system restore to remove viruses... if they only knew..

see how ya go..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Regal Making Handler
    If you can not get hold of the customers original disks. Have a look on the box there will be an "Service Tag" note the number down then when you go to Dells web site>>service and support>> dowload drivers and updates. Enter the service tag. This should give you a list of drivers specific to the system.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry