Thread: firewall rules for a netgear Dg834G

firewall rules for a netgear Dg834G

Ok heres the prob. I want to run a server on my computer. Its behind a netgear Dg834G router with the built in firewall enabled. the problem is if i log into it and try and write a new rule to allow this port i can only sleect from a list of popular ports or select Any port. Is there a way to just open one port (that isnt common) without opening the others up? thanks.

Do you mean," if I did a Google for "netgear Dg834G custom rules" would, in one of those links, find the following: dg834g_ref_manual.pdf??

And once I figured out how to do it, could I come back here and put up a post like "Hey I just figured out how to do this....here's how" and thus earn the admiration of other AO members?"

That's what you really meant, right?

Regal Making Handler
    To add custom service.
    Go to service>>add custom service. Enter the required fields. Save changes.
    Then go to Firewall Rules>>add rule. The sevice you just created will now be listed>>set required rules.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry