Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird Stuff

Weird Stuff

I have been getting constant attacks from the soket de trois trojan for some days now, my firewall was repelling them so no sweat! I got a Synmantec popup this morning saying that I needed to update my firewall and antivirus. I did both and now whenever I get on the web it's like I'm back using dial-up, I disabled the firewall and everything went back to normal(I have cable) Now when I tried to disable the firewall again it pops up with a window saying "The current Norton Internet Security account must be a supervisor to perform this operation".........

WTH! I can't disable my firewall? Does anyone think I have been infected by a trojan or is it something that Symantec has screwed up?

Thanks for any help!

Are you logged on as administrator?

I never log in, it's my own home computer I have never been asked to login as admin and I was able to close my firewall at any time, just not now.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    I think that supervisor login is in NORTON only. Not the win system itself. In norton security, you have an option called 'user accounts'. Go in there and log on as Supervisor. That will give you access to the settings of norton aswell as being able to diactivate it.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

I just looked at my staus on the start toolbar and it says that I am logged in....

log out of the norton's user account, and login again as Supervisor. Then shutdown norton and restart it again. Let me know how that goes.

Cheers.

I tried to go into Norton options and it says "Access denied,only the supervisor can view/change the options"

The pages on the web load really slow now and I have been attacked over 90 times today, the firewall has also stopped giving me notifications of attacks.

How do I log out? I am now unable to do anything with the firewall....

once you open up norton security, on the left side it gives you options. One of them is called 'user accounts'. Go into that one, and logout the current user. Then login again using the 'Supervisor' account. That should give you full access over norton.

Cheers.

I can't do a damn thing with it at all, it won't let me have access to anything, including options, if I don't get a pop up telling me I cant have access then the button is unhighlighted...................