Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have Avirus

oops ohh , and i have the same problim with the registery editor (regedit) ...
    i cant open itt

NasRat,

You need to start your computer in safe mode.

As it starts to boot up (white letters on black screen) just keep hitting the F8 key.

It will bring you to a screen with start up options.

Select "Safe mode with network support"

You should now be able to access the internet, so run the "Housecall" utility that I gave you the link for. Remember to click on the repair/clean box!!!

Download the free Winpatrol from:

http://www.winpatrol.com

Install it : you may have to do that in normal mode, but I do not think that the malwares will know about it

Please let me know when you have done that.

Cheers

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Zone alarm hasn't 'disabled' your internet connections, it is just waiting for you to say which services are allowed to access the net.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hou.../start_corp.asp

as posted by Nihil, this is a web based AV, use it, until you have your own up and running this is your defence.

The F/W can be sorted later.

And finally: There is ALWAYS time to sort out the defences for your PC.... no defence = no PC...
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by NasRaT
    ohh and i forget 2 say that m trying 2 get some Gtbot work ... maybe this is the reason , i opened somebot in my computer and the bot disabled it .. when i press crtl ald del is says :
    " The manager has been disabled by your Administrator" ...

the last bot i tried 2 work with was : "EPiC BoT V1" .. is a GTbot ...
    Sigh Why on earth are you playing with a trojan? What were you drinking/smoking at that time?

http://www.nohack.net/gtbots.htm
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

About the AVG being out of time? You need to register it to continue using it. Registration is free.
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

Guys ... m not asking "how 2 remove the trojan" ... im asking on "how 2 get the "ctrl+alt+del" function and registery editor wookring , " m asking " how 2 enable them" ....

NasRaT,

The two are inextricably related.............get rid of the bad stuff and the system will work again, don't and it won't. It is a simple as that.

The malware is using defence mechanisms to prevent you getting rid of it. If you want to stop that you HAVE to get rid of the malware

Cheers

nihil the computer is not infected ...
    i checked it as typed in http://www.nohack.net/gtbots.htm ...
    its clean , just in some user , i cant use ctrl+alt+del .. or open the regedit ....

NasRaT,

You gave the thread the title "I have a virus"? what are we supposed to understand from that, particularly as the symptoms you describe are consistent with some malwares.

its clean , just in some user , i cant use ctrl+alt+del .. or open the regedit ....
    That is quite normal, it is called "security" some user accounts deliberately have authorities revoked. If you log in as Administrator you should be able to grant authorities as you wish.

If you cannot do this, it is possible that the user profiles have been corrupted, just delete them and re-create them with the authorities that you require.

Cheers

EDIT: You should still do as I suggested, all you have checked for is one particular problem, there are quite a few others that might do the same. You sound as if you have been running unprotected for a while?

Drifting a lil from the orginal topic,how'd the worm/trojan/virus get the ctrl+alt+del function to disable?
    And time for another HijackThis log?(http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html) if you're interested..please attach the file rather than pasting the log here
    And yes,you're going to have to remove it to get the ctrl+alt+del function to enable again..why do I get the function that you infected yourself and want to keep it for erm,testing reasons?(my thoughts only)..the only other way you can get it removed(that I can think of atm anyway) is to get the source code of the worm..