Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reviewers for tutorials?

Antionline Herpetologist

Reviewers for tutorials?

The recent Spyder32 tutorial debacle got me thinking, wouldn't it be nice if tutorial writer could first submit their tutorials to officially designated reviewers? People could apply to the moderators for the post, giving an idea of their expertise and what kind of tutorials they'd be willing to review. Mods can select from these people and we could have an official set of reviewers. That'd be really useful for people who'd like to run their tutorial past someone else before posting it. Maybe the reviewers could have certain extra privileges, like maybe a reviewer's forum or something? It would of course be totally voluntary, so a reviewer doesn't have to review everything sent to him.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Banned
    I like the idea

I'm not sure about the practical implementation, though...
    if we'd create a Reviewers Forum for the reviewers, then people who want to submit a tutorial for review, would also need access to that forum. Or would submitters PM their tutorials to the reviewers, then a reviewer would post in in the Reviewers Forum?

We could get this started pretty fast: a sticky in the Tutorials Forum where candidate reviewers post their candidacy. The first post in the sticky thread would then list all the accepted reviewers along with their expertise... if you have a tutorial for review, you could just PM it to the correct person...

Alright, listen. I get the hint: MY TUTORIAL'S F**KING SUCK! Sounds somewhat of a good idea but it's much more simple and less of a process if you just PM someone for help. Someone you trust and know will help you, no doubt.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Antionline Herpetologist
    Spyder, I didn't mean your tutorial per se, but the way the other members jumped on it. If you'd had someone to look it over, it'd have been much more accurate and you'd have come out looking a whole lot better . Also, this'd be great for people who just aren't on the site often enough or haven't been here long enough to know who is good at what. That takes a while.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Yeah, I know I was only messin' around with ya Your idea sounds good and look's good on paper, but implentation wise.. eh.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Im sure with a little bit of organization, this idea can be implemented. Maybe split the reviewers into groups, like grammar, spelling, if the info is correct, if the info has been ripped, etc etc....

[edit] The tutorial would have to pass all the groups in order to be published.[/edit]

Just a thought (just woke up and im trying to figure out the coffee machine)

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

I certainly think that this would be a positive thing to happen, that way those that arn't the best at writing Tutorials/.Essays what ever you wanna call 'em could simply send a copy to a "Reviewer". And the Reviewer/Reviers could sit down give it a read and send the Tutorial back to the member with either positive or negative feedback.
    Then if the feedback is great then the member could post it or if the feed back was bad they could go back to the Drawing Board and work on it some more..

f2b

Banned
    I like the idea. I would like to be a reviewer for correct information and spelling, my expertise is basicly windows xp and graphics/web development. i know windows inside out, and i spell perefectly and i know grammar pretty good.

Banned
    i know windows inside out, and i spell perefectly and i know grammar pretty good.
    Maybe you could start by correcting the numerous errors in this sentence

Banned
    ehhehe, i type pretty quickly so i make a lot of mistakes, but believe me, im croatian and i find errors in most of the papers written by americans, i dont have an A in Technical English because i dont know how to spell