Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help figuring out an e-mail identity!!!

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Your profile give nothing away; but with the content of your post, that is understandable.

As you have come here, you have no other IT literate people around that you wish to share with ?

Firstly: I would save ALL the offending mails.

As a quick check, right click on the Emails title, this should open a box in which you should see a tab for details, click on this, from here there is a button marked 'message source' this contains IP addresses that you can use, with a little help, to backtrack the sender.

[edit] started typing when only ONE answer, posted, and ended up on page TWO. At least Negative is saying what I was trying to get across.

Also, forgot to add DON'T REPLY TO THESE MAILS, [/edit]
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Spyder~

Haha, that's classic. Yeah, I think it's a relative/friend who's pulling a prank because I find it really hard to believe someone has tracked you despite a move or whatever and all that.
    Yes, but very easy if you work for the military, and you are not in "one of those" units?

They demand to know where you live?

Change mail provider and posibly ISP I suppose..........

Check machine for trojans/keyloggers?

We have a way to go with this one...............I do hope he is USAF/SAC................ I have a superb "application for the position of test pilot in a cruise missle squadron" one............lots of laughs in the past. (Assuming that a bit of mild revenge is in order)

However, at the moment we have to assume that this is seriously malicious

Reply awaited my friend

Yeah I wasn't considering that he worked for the military. They need to know virtually everything about you while your under them, so I'd assume they'd know your constant change of e-mail's/ISP's/etc. So yeah, nihil your right. Negative's post was also helpfull in the sense that SamSpade can give you the abuse number to the IP's ISP. So that can prove to be very helpful.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Thank you~! I did what you said with the X Originating IP address off one of the e-mails and pasted below is what came up... does that mean the individual's service provider is in Tyler, Texas or the actual person is???
    On a side note, it's not family... I have very few and they are more computer illiterate than I am and would not do this to me regardless! Also, no I didn't sleep with anyone -- although they like to accuse me of that too -- or owe anyone anything.
    Is there anything else I can do with this IP address to track them or would I honestly have to pay a hacker at this point to find out exactly who the person is?

OrgName: Classic Communications
    OrgID: CCKS
    Address: 6151 Paluxy Road
    Address: Building A
    City: Tyler
    StateProv: TX
    PostalCode: 75703
    NetRange: 207.254.224.0 - 207.254.255.255
    CIDR: 207.254.224.0/19
    NetName: CLASSICNET3
    NetHandle: NET-207-254-224-0-1
    Parent: NET-207-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NSA.IBBSONLINE.COM
    NameServer: NSB.IBBSONLINE.COM
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2003-10-02
    Updated: 2004-01-07
    TechHandle: SYSTE3-ARIN
    TechName: System Administrator
    TechPhone: 1-888-271-6551
    TechEmail: support@classicnet.net
    OrgTechHandle: SYSTE3-ARIN
    OrgTechName: System Administrator
    OrgTechPhone: 1-888-271-6551
    OrgTechEmail: support@classicnet.net
    CustName: Classic Communications
    Address: 6151 Paluxy Road
    City: Tyler
    StateProv: TX
    PostalCode: 75703
    RegDate: 2004-01-04
    Updated: 2004-01-04
    NetRange: 207.254.233.0 - 207.254.233.255
    CIDR: 207.254.233.0/24
    NetName: CLASSIC-CABOT
    NetHandle: NET-207-254-233-0-1
    Parent: NET-207-254-224-0-1
    NetType: Reassigned
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2004-01-04
    Updated: 2004-01-04
    TechHandle: SYSTE3-ARIN
    TechName: System Administrator
    TechPhone: 1-888-271-6551
    TechEmail: support@classicnet.net
    OrgTechHandle: SYSTE3-ARIN
    OrgTechName: System Administrator
    OrgTechPhone: 1-888-271-6551
    OrgTechEmail: support@classicnet.net

Banned
    It means that his ISP has a branch in Tyler, Texas... hmmm... that's like a couple miles away from here

An email to support@classicnet.net explaining the whole situation is your best bet.... make sure to include all your evidence.
    Or give them a call

Personally, I would call them. I think it would have more of an effect if they are talking to a person on the phone than communicating with a character over email... Just a thought...

Unfortunately, you can't really document phone calls. Emails should accompany the phone calls, so that if something were to happen, people can be blamed that didn't take action. It's all about liability these days.

I suppose that is true... But the person that reads the email might throw it off as a silly social engineering attempt... so if you do email the company, attach one of the originials the mean person hurting you has been sending... this will prove to the ISP (hopefully) that that is what's going on...

You could record the phone calls however... I don't think it's that hard to tap and record your own local line... if anything just put one of those personal voice recorder things next to a different phone and talk away...

Hi hellion86

You say that local law enforcement are not interested? and that you are military?...........hmmmmm, I guess those two probably go together?

IT IS WRONG, but hell aren't most facts of life?

OK you did not say which service..........quite correct!............please talk to your adjutant (that's Limey speak for the executive officer) you need G2, A2, or the DNI.............let them decide as to whether there is anything important or not? That is what your local cops think, I assure you. You will have approached through "official channels" the real guys will take over from there

Good luck

I REALLY appreciate everyone's outstanding feedback and advice... unfortunately, I promise you that I have gone through every channel humanly possible to try to get this stopped. A few folks in law enforcement even attempted to atleast get the real name... but said ever since Hotmail was broken into awhile back that their security controls are much better and preventing people from finding folks who don't want to be found. They told me my only option was a private investigative firm that deals in computer hacking -- there's not even one of those near where I am, but the costs are above my budget I'm sure.
    That's the problem -- like I said in my original e-mail -- the person will not come out and make a physical, violent threat... only elude. What scares me is that they somehow know everything about me... they destroyed my job and my marriage by knowing enough of the truth to spin horrible lies.
    It's all like a really bad movie...
    Knowing that this is someone close to me, or someone that's watching me... I just don't know if you could ever explain what a horrid feeling that is. They know my daily activities, who I talk to on the phone, who I see and where I eat. Might seem like easy info to have... but I live alone and work alone now and know no-one in this brand new city yet (only been here two months), I speak only to my family and don't do that very much anymore over the phone.
    I know I seem like a paranoid schyzophrenic, but hopefully someone could atleast understand why?
    I just want to know who the person behind this is.