Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft owned again

Microsoft owned again

http://itvibe.com/default.aspx?NewsID=2544

another deface of a microsoft site .. tisk tisk ... if they cant get their own software right how can we

Their UK site was hacked?? Holy wow I never even knew they had a UK site up until this. Hrmm, interesting (the deface). Haven't heard of a Microsoft site defacement either really (again, before this).
    Space For Rent.. =]

That's because www.microsoft.com has yet to be hacked... I had website that had a list of all defacements to any MS site... One of their south american sites had been hacked like 6 times... The site also had cached versions of the defaced sites... It was pretty cool.. I'll post it if I find it...

Really? Wow, that's fascinating. How many M$ website's are there? As you can guess, I don't frequent their website's.
    Space For Rent.. =]

there are heaps of m$ websites ... depends what country your in .....

i think microsoft.com has had servers broken into just not the main page defaced....

Hrmm, oh well. Even microsoft.com I don't visit much, just seem's pointless and a waste of time. It's like coming to AntiOnline.com and asking how to hack hotmail
    Space For Rent.. =]

yea... It was some old database server that didn't get much use, and hadn't been updated in 3 days or so, and it got hacked... MS really has to keep their boxes updated...

It would be nice to keep their software flaw's and vulnerabilities updated (as well as minimized) but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, now is it?
    Space For Rent.. =]

well we all know nothing is completely secure .. and that people are gonna try for microsft to embarass them .. and M$ is seen as a great target to break into ...

When you have as many servers running as that, I am sure those little things pass you by easily... Especially on an old server that doesn't get much attention.