Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to forum, need help with hacker to website

I was just reading about spiders this morning. I found a really good article that tells what they are used for and ways for you to get around them. Juridian gave some good info with links but you might find this article usefull as well.

This is not my area, but I can give advice I know nothing about along with the best of them.

Call any Web-Hosting service in your area. Tell them about your problem. Ask what they can do to help.

Call your current Web-Hosting service . Inform them that confidential data has indeed been accessed on a website they are hosting, that it has been sufficiently proven, and that since they apparently don't have the capabilities to monitor access to the content, you will no longer require their services?

I don't know what kind of service agreement you have with them, but it would be a good idea to review it. IMHO, they should be responsible for security on their server. They should also be responsible for making sure your site has been programmed in such a manner that it won't make their company look bad by being hacked.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    I was so friendly to go out and capture that spider for you ...

Enjoy,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Cool

Thank you all for the advise and web sources!
    And a special thanks to .: Shrekkie :. for capturing my spider :-)

It's a sunny day in northwest Florida I hope you all enjoy the same ............
    If you are being run out of town....get in front of the crowd and make it look like a parade.