Thread: task manager gimped how to fix

task manager gimped how to fix

I was cleaning a buddys winxp pro install of the usual malware and did that succesfully but the person/malware who 0wn3d him modified the task manager so that it has no options. i hooked him up with an alternative solution to kill rogue processess but i could not figure how to get tha task manager back to normal. All i get after cntrl+alt+del is the rectangle box with the user no options whatsoever. I looked into registry mussing and all i found is how to disable it completely, can someone please clue me in? On a side note are security logs enabled by default on xp pro?
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Double-Click on the right of the box. (by the scroll bar)

I did that on accident once...

EDIT: Sorry for all the edits... Its late and I'm still up. Preparing for a killer weekend at Ocean Shitty Maryland (Ocean City MD)...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Thanx, lmao , figures i bypassed the easy for the hard. Shoulda listened to occam. Now why the hell can this silly thing be done, what use does it have? (other than confounding dummies like me?)
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Confusing you is reason enough for me!

BTW:

When you are in that mode, you can use the left and right arrow keys to move between the menus.
    Then right click over a process/task to kill.

Make sure you've not highlighted anything...

tab or shift-tab to move between window select and the contents of the window.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.