Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7 yrs prison for spamming

He only has to spend 3 1/2 years getting butt-reamed if he has "good behavior" if i remember correctly from infosyssec.com's website. I think identity theft alone is enough to get him a good 10 years, and i think that all of us who undoubtedly got one of those 825 million emails should get to line up and give him a swift kick.....and broadcast it on national television ;-) that might deter further spammers a little bit more if they all knew that their jewels are literally on the line....

I hate spams.... and spammers...

While he's up the river I think he should be able to recieve email (but not send it) and the only email he should receive is spam (maybe his own spam redirected to him). The sentence seems light for all that he was found guilty of. 'nuff said.

Cheers,
    -D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

I think that if the 7 years doest deter him from doing it again, the $16 mil he has to pay will. man wont be able to afford a computer.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

if only we could do that with AO members (btw: I have immunity from that law)

Well, in either sense spam blow's. 'Nuff said.
    Space For Rent.. =]

and i think that all of us who undoubtedly got one of those 825 million emails should get to line up and give him a swift kick
    So you mean i finally get to wear those arse kicking boots i brought the other day SWEEEEEEET

info tech geek: what do you mean you have immunity from that law

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    some time ago, I read of something pretty funny. Now, I don't know about the validity of this story but, it still made me laugh (this current case reminds me of it).
    Some guy who apparently was a major e-mail spammer had his indentity found out (in what manner I don't much remember). Once the people knew who he was, they then found out his address and signed him up for every possible junk mail, catalog, newsletter, etc etc they could find.
    The guy got so overhwhelmed with mail, he had to change his address and if I'm not mistaken, I believe he even tried to sue the people that did it to him. How's that for irony?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

What about the guy who would take his junk mail and just dump it back into the postal drop box. He was arrested and they gave him a pretty harsh sentence.