Thread: Home page hijacking

Home page hijacking

My normal homepage is Google but is now a page called "I can find it". This homepage will only appear after I close the computer down and restart. I have run Adware and AVG and have not been able to get rid of this. Does anyone have an idea of how to get rid of this pest? Iam also runnig Zone alarm.
    Antony303

try start>run>msconfig go to startup and see if anything is running in there that shouldnt be. check to make sure there is no programs installed on your computer that are making it default back to that website.... other than that go into internet options and change it back to google.com

Hi.. welcome to AO..

this forum section "Questions About AntiOnline" is for questions relating to the forum itself..

maybe you could ask a moderator to move this post to Spyware / Adware forum section ?

For your problem.. also scan your computer with spybot (search and destroy) then download a tool called hijackthis and post a log here.. (you can attach the txt file to the post)

like sumdumguy said run hijack this and post a log but also read this
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=257405
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

AFLAAACKKK!!
    When you run all these programs make sure your computer is running in safe mode! This is so it will most likely NOT run the spyware, because programs like spybot can't get rid of spyware that is currently running. In safe mode the computer only starts programs that are necessary for the computer to run.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

When you run all these programs make sure your computer is running in safe mode
    Umm, no offense, but that's wrong...(depending on the tool) some of these tools only look at what is active, so running in safe mode will defeat the purpose. I have only had a few entries that Spybot or Adaware couldn't take care of in normal operation, and in that case, they will run at startup to take care of the malware.

If you had said it is better to be in safe mode to remove some of the spyware, then I would have to agree.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Well, basically run it in both safe mode and normal mode. Is that better?
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools