/ /
    / /
    \ \
    \ \
    \ \
    \ \
    \ \
    \_______________________\

Ok, we all have it, SPAM! heres what you can do. Most messages at the bottom or top have a link to "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" click it, and follow the directions. Do this for ALL the spam you get, it will remove most of it.
    OPT-OUT Stage 2
    Goto www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp

Don't read the messages!
    If they get a "read" on a message they know you exist.

Trick the tricksters!
    Download MailWasher from download.com and bounce emails! It works very well.

Email the spammers, usually abuse at xxx.com or support@xxx.com or just reply to an email or admin@xxx.com or webmaster@xxx.com only works if coming from a user at an ISP or other public service, doesnt work well if you email the spammer company.

You can always get a new email or get a spam destroyer program

Withing a week you should be spam free, until you get more! Hope this helped
    -unit321
    ***Sorry if the ASCII art didnt appear correct, it looked good in the reply window***
    you may redistribute this text in its complete form. You do not have permission to modify this text and then redistribute it. You do not have permission to sell this text.
    if you have time be sure to drop my my website at www.johnscompany.net

Ok, we all have it, SPAM! heres what you can do. Most messages at the bottom or top have a link to "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" click it, and follow the directions. Do this for ALL the spam you get, it will remove most of it.
    I don't know what spammers you get... but in my experience... you'll get even more spam.
    They are just confirming your email address and they will sell your email address to another spammer. You may have gotten off their list... but just sold to 30 more.

Don't read the messages!
    If they get a "read" on a message they know you exist.
    Disable sending receipts and don't let your email client download images or display html.

A lot of spammers include "web bugs" in email that will let them know your email still exists.

But you are right... don't open the mail. You don't know who it is from nor want to buy what they are "selling". If you want to buy something... I'm sure you know where to find it.

Trick the tricksters!
    Download MailWasher from download.com and bounce emails! It works very well.
    Mailwasher is a nice program if you only have one email address. The free versoin supports only one email address. But it does have a nice blacklisting feature...

Email the spammers, usually abuse at xxx.com or support@xxx.com or just reply to an email or admin@xxx.com or webmaster@xxx.com only works if coming from a user at an ISP or other public service, doesnt work well if you email the spammer company.
    Thats IF they sending address wasn't spoofed to begin with. You can get a good idea by looking at the header and tracing back from there. If its a johnny8650@yahoo.com and the ip traces back to a comcast cable network... you can probably bet the mail was sent through a spam relay and not yahoo's mail relays.

I find the best way to get rid of and keep spam away is to get a new email address that is not so common... and don't give it to anyone except for people you know that aren't going to spam you. Use a couple different accounts. One for newsgroups or site subscriptions, one for mailing lists, one for personal, one for work... the only emails that should get spam are the ones that you've posted all over the place.

As for the terms of use on the tutorial... anything you post here is owned by Jupiter Media...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    Hey unit321 ... i see you aready wrote 4 tuts and have 10 posts. And in every tutorial we corrected you, and they are very short...next time get a load of information, reasearch it, confirm it and then combine all the small tut's you wrote. It's gonna be one big huge ass good tutorial Then we can all gice you nice little green shiny dots

sorry, i had these tutorials other places and got good response I guess you are smarter than most people :P
    if you have time be sure to drop my my website at www.johnscompany.net