Thread: Norton Corporate 9.0 Help

Norton Corporate 9.0 Help

Having trouble with Norton Corporate on a Win2k machine (Sp4).

I installed Norton Corporate 9 on the machine this morning. (Updated from 8.1) User logs in and tells me it gives her an error stating that a certain component was not installed. User is using Outlook 2000. Now the user cannot recieve email, but can send email. I was going to try and uninstall 9.0 (we have Antivirus checking all email messages at the mail server level) so that I could work on it after the user had left. When I am uninstalling, it prompts me for a password. Neither the local admin password or the Norton Corp password works for this. (Caps lock on or off) Anyone have any ideas or know of a default password for Norton uninstalls?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Hi Jarrod, you can give the attached file a try. It's called 'nonav' and was given to me by Symantec's Tech Support.

Use with caution, I believe if you have other Symantec products installed it might rip them up as well.

Cheers:
    DjM

Regal Making Handler
    I would guess that thed password would be that of the active account when installed.

Below is from symantec how to manualy uninstall.

Manually uninstalling Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x client from Windows NT/2000/XP/2003

Situation:
    This document describes how to uninstall Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x client from Windows NT/2000/XP or Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) manually.

Solution:
    Removing Symantec AntiVirus client manually takes the following four basic steps:

Stop Symantec AntiVirus services
    Remove Symantec AntiVirus from the registry
    Remove Symantec AntiVirus from the Start menu
    Remove Symantec AntiVirus from the hard drive

Stop Symantec AntiVirus services
    Stop the following services before removing items from the registry, Start menu, or hard drive.
    Intel Alert Handler
    Intel Alert Originator
    Intel File Transfer
    Intel PDS
    SAVRoam
    Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher
    Symantec Event Manager
    Symantec Network Drivers Service
    Symantec Password Validation
    Symantec SecurePort
    Symantec Settings Manager
    Symantec AntiVirus
    On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Run.
    In the Run Dialog box type the following:

services.msc

Click OK.
    Right-click the Intel Alert Handler service, and click Stop.
    Perform step 4 for each of the services listed above.

To remove the Symantec AntiVirus keys from the registry
    You must have administrator permissions (read and write) to edit the registry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WARNING: We strongly recommend that you back up the registry before you make any changes to it. Incorrect changes to the registry can result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Modify only the keys that are specified. Read the document How to back up the Windows registry for instructions.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exit all open programs.
    On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Run.
    In the Run dialog box, type the following:

regedit

Click OK.
    In Registry Editor, in the left pane, go to the following key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

Right-click the LDVPMenu entry, and then click Delete.
    Go to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec

Delete the following child keys:
    Common Client
    SharedDefs
    Symantec AntiVirus
    Symevent
    SymNetDrv

Go to the following key in the left pane:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\InstalledApps

Delete the following entries:
    VP6ClientInstalled
    VP6UsageCount
    AVENGEDEFS
    Common Client
    Common Client Data
    Common Client Decomposers
    IDSDefs
    SAVCE
    SCS Install Directory
    Symantec Shared Directory
    SymNetDrv

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

Delete the following child keys:

Note: Delete the SymEvent keys only if Symantec Client Security is the only Symantec program installed.

ccEvtMgr
    ccPwdSvc
    ccSetMgr
    DefWatch
    Intel Alert Handler
    Intel Alert Originator
    Intel File Transfer
    Intel PDS
    NAVENG
    NAVEX15
    SavRoam
    SAVRT
    SAVRTPEL
    SNDSrvc
    Symantec AntiVirus
    SymEvent
    SYMREDRV
    SYMTDI

Go to any existing "ControlSet*"\Services keys and delete the same entries like in the previous step.
    Delete the SymEvent keys only if Symantec Client Security is the only Symantec program installed.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application

Delete the following entries:
    Defwatch
    ccEvtMgr
    ccSetMgr
    Intel Alert Handler
    Intel Alert Originator
    Intel AMS II
    Intel File Transfer
    Intel PDS
    SavRoam
    Symantec AntiVirus

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System

Delete the following SAVRT entry.
    Go to any existing "ControlSet*"\Services\EventLog\Application and "ControlSet*"\Services\EventLog\System keys and delete the same entries like in the previous four steps.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\INTEL

Under the Intel key, expand the DllUsage key, and then delete the VP6 key.

WARNING: Be careful not to delete the Intel folder, since other programs or hardware might be using this key.

In the left pane, highlight "My Computer."
    Click Edit > Find.
    Search for "VirusProtect6" and delete all entries of this key.
    In the left pane, highlight "My Computer."
    Click Edit > Find.
    Search for:

497CA84818B8A04418EA464733D75B72

Delete all entries found.

WARNING: Follow the next two steps only if no other Symantec applications use virus definitions on the computer. If there are applications using virus definitions when the SharedDefs key is deleted, they will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled in order to function.

If other Symantec applications that use virus definitions are installed, skip to step 31. Otherwise, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec key.
    Delete the SharedDefs entry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Delete the {848AC794-8B81-440A-81AE-6474337DB527} key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Delete the vptray and ccApp keys.
    Restart the computer.

Symantec AntiVirus is now disabled, even though traces of it remain in the registry. These traces have little impact on how your computer operates. It is not necessary to remove them.

To remove Symantec Client Security from the Start menu
    Right-click the Start button, and then click Open All Users.
    Double-click Programs.
    Right-click the Symantec Client Security folder, and then click Delete.

To remove Symantec Client Security from the hard drive
    Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
    Go to the Program Files folder.
    Delete the Symantec AntiVirus folder.

WARNING: Follow the next three steps only if Symantec AntiVirus is the only Symantec application installed. If the VirusDefs folder is deleted while there are other Symantec applications using virus definitions, they must be uninstalled and reinstalled in order for them to function.

If Symantec AntiVirus is the only Symantec product on your computer, delete the Symantec folder.
    Go to the Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared folder.
    If Symantec AntiVirus is the only Symantec product on your computer, delete the VirusDefs folder.
    Go to the folder appropriate for your operating system:

In Windows NT 4.0, go to the following folder:
    C:\Winnt\Profiles\All Users\Application Data\Symantec

In Windows 2000/XP/2003, go to the following folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec

Delete the Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition folder.
    Exit Windows Explorer.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I am going to go ahead and try your solutions.

Thanks for your help!
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

before you try all that, maybe the client didn't have a chance to pick up the corp. password before it screwed up. try using "symantec" the default. sometimes its the simple things
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    before you try all that, maybe the client didn't have a chance to pick up the corp. password before it screwed up. try using "symantec" the default. sometimes its the simple things
    Missed this. I was trying Norton, but I will have to try symantec next time. DJM's tool unregistered enough stuff so that I could uninstall through add/remove progams and reinstall.

If I remember correctly, the default password for NAV Corporate is: ' symantec ' Try that.

Originally posted here by SexyBadGirl
    If I remember correctly, the default password for NAV Corporate is: ' symantec ' Try that.
    Thanks SexyBadGirl, but the problem is already fixed. I used Djm's tool and then reinstalled.