Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cissp

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking Cissp: :d

YAY!!! I'm entirely hyper right now. I just found out I passed my exam!!! w00t!!! Thank goodness too. I don't know if I could handle studying again for it (it all seemed mushy in the end).

Thanks to those that gave advice and support!

Now to find someone to sponsor me.... Oh Tony?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Congrats,
    Hope its not just ACL's from now on.

Congrats.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

w00t!!! Good Job!!!

Congrats AO-Goddess! Glad to hear it.

Any tips for us CISSP-wannabes? I know the code of ethics barrs you from disclosing any specific test questions but how about generalities or topics that were covered in your exam? I also realize that it changes from each sitting but just looking for any guidance and am curious.

Hrmm... here's what I can suggest:

1. Join http://www.cccure.org
    2. Join the main CISSP-D mailing list -- lots of good advice. One suggestion was that Telecommunications and Networking along with Access Controls are a big part of the exam while Crypto and Physical Security Account for the lowest portions (this is on par with my experience). Everything else falls in between.
    3. Don't rely on one book/source for your studying habits. I generally, when studying, try to find multiple sources. For this exam I used the following:

The last one I saved for my last 3 weeks of studying. The author of the website suggested that if you were getting 80% and higher regularly using the PRO level (the hardest level) odds are in your favour that you'll pass. Part of how I knew I was close to ready was that 1) I was dreaming the stuff 2) I was sick of studying it.

Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

So does this mean Jupitermedia has to pay you more money now?

Cheers:
    DjM

Hrmmm.. Oh intmon. I'd like to discuss with you...

*Teehee* .. no but it does mean that I can now go on with my next step: Master's of Information Security from Capella University. One of the pluses to this online degree (and before anyone says anything, I've checked. They are legit and recognized as a real university) is that if I have the CISSP it can mean that I cut the cost of the Master's just about in half! That's a substantial amount for a degree that could have cost me $25,000 USD. Now it might only cost me $12,500 USD or thereabouts.

Edit

And there ya go. An additional plus, I've hit the big 40-0-0 today! ... I'm such a post/security whore now.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

I was kind of hoping that one day all the exams would end...........

But if a college PROFESSOR is still studying..

Oh rats. Just shoot me NOW
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Welcome to the club. Now you too, can pay $85 bucks a year plus earn 120 CPE credits over the next 3 years to keep your cert in good standing!!
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden