Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

wagon christ (ninjatune 0wns ) http://www.ninjatune.net/home/
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

TOOL - Pushit (Live)

TOOL IS GOD

If you like Tool, you will probably like Acid Bath. They are somewhat like Tool, Pantera, Anal ****, and The Doors. Very cool band.

I had to go to my cousin's graduation thing so I've been gone for the last 10 hours and so I havn't been here at all. I have a sun burned face right now and some very drunk people in my house.

I listened to Danzig just about all day.

Originally posted here by gore
    If you like Tool, you will probably like Acid Bath. They are somewhat like Tool, Pantera, Anal ****, and The Doors. Very cool band.

I had to go to my cousin's graduation thing so I've been gone for the last 10 hours and so I havn't been here at all. I have a sun burned face right now and some very drunk people in my house.

I listened to Danzig just about all day.
    Hrmm... Maybe I'll have to illegally download some of their MP3's...

Actually I listened to some sound clips on Amazon and they sound pretty good.

What about Danzig? I've heard of them but know nothing about them. Why kind of music do they play?

mjk

Originally posted here by mjk
    What about Danzig? I've heard of them but know nothing about them. Why kind of music do they play?

mjk

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, Glenn Danzig founded the Misfits in 1977. They owned horror music, and still do. In 1983 Glenn Left the Misfits to make the band Samhain. they were a bit darker than the Misfits, and didn't have that comic book humor horror, and then in 1988 he just took Samhain, and some others, and formed "Danzig".

Glenn Danzig singing....Think Elvis and Jim Morrison turning evil, and you might be able to imagine it. It's a mix between the two sort of. He has amazing vocals. His songs are very well written and sometimes dark. If you've ever heard the song Mother...Which I'm shocked that you're saying you havn't listened to it, but anyway, that's Danzig, and pretty much his biggest hit.

Danzig makes music....You can't label it in one category, because one album will have 20 different styles. Jazz and Blues, mixed with Metal and Punk. Then another Album, like Danzig $ and 5, will be almost industrial, like Tool has some of. And then Danzig 7:77 was a mix of all of that, and quite amazing.

Danzig is the ****.

I'm going to help you out:

I want you to hear Danzig, but don't download one, or even ten songs and make an opinion, he makes a lot.

Danzig - Black Aria, was very dark Classical, if you don't like Classical, don't get it.

Danzig 1 was AMAZING. Blues and punk.

Danzig 2....Amazing album, makes me want to part in New Orleans. If you can think of the music down there, he mixed that with hard rock.

Danzig 3: I listen to this in the summer, it makes great party music. Heavy with a hint of Blues.

Danzig 4: This one he experimented with techno/Industrial, and kept his roots alive, and made a good album.

Danzig 5: The opening track on this song pumps me with adrenaline, very good beats in this. Mainly industrial, but awesome heavy guitar added in.

Danzig 6: Another good album with some good industrial.

Danzig 7: AWESOME album. It's a mix of all his stuff together. The opening is dark classical sounding stuff, then it busts into a great guitar wriff, and has some industrial in it too.

Get these Danzig songs here:

Twist of Cain

She rides

Mother

Long way back from Hell

7th House

Sistinas

Trouble

That should start you out. If you listen to all of those and don't like it....Heh, I won't go there.

LOL

Well, maybe I'll try to get a hold on some of his stuff... From what I've heard so far I think Danzig 5 and 6:66 are for me. I'll try and check down at the used CD store.

So... I take it you like Danzig a lot??

mjk

Pantera
    Finally gore mention's one of his band's that I know of and/or have listened to.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Yea I love Danzig. Considering he founded my favorite band ever...Heh. Spyder... You don't know Danzig or GWAR? Everyone likes GWAR, there funny.

Gotta dig those cowboys from hell

I'm extremely bored

Spyder... You don't know Danzig or GWAR? Everyone likes GWAR, there funny.
    Nope. /me doesn't typically know any punk rock/hardcore/metal band's except for the one's that I used to listen to and the one's that I was exposed to. The underground one's (atleast I think so) that your naming I've NEVER heard of.
    Space For Rent.. =]