Thread: Final Draft on Linux

Final Draft on Linux

Well I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried using Final Draft on Linux? That's the only program I use on my computer anyway. Well I want to switch to Linux, but I am afraid that the Windows Final Draft program won't work, when I switch.... Which Linux kernal should I get started on? I have no experience and not a genius with OS systems. I have a dell windows laptop and I don't want to mess up anything.
    -Film Editor

Well, I've never used Final Draft but as shown on the website http://www.finaldraft.com/downloads/demos.html it's not made for Linux so I don't know if it will work correctly, why don't you make a partition, one for windows and another for Linux?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Thread moved from *nix Security Discussions to Operating Systems.

If you want to run Windows apps on linux you can use Wine to do this. They do have a reference for Final Draft and how successful/unsucessful they are at running it. Also, you may want to visit Linux Questions to see if someone there has used it.

AFAIK, most of the film industry (based on discussions with my aunt -- an AD) uses Macintosh as their main platform.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage