Good Day Folks,

Seems I have been suffering from more that normal computer freeze-ups, 3 within a half hour. At first I thought it was a software issue with an OS, and since I dual boot two hdds, I just switched to Slack on the same hdd and shortly thereafter the computer froze up again.

Soft rebooted into setup and checked temps: CPU was 49C and System was 48C, all fans working fine with good air flow so heat doesn't appear to be an issue. Checked all voltages against the standards and they are all fine and dandy within a few hundredths. Memory display is normal. So I booted into SuSE 9.0 on hdd2 and googled for computer freezes (non-software type) and searched our forums.

And "Memory Fragmentation" was listed as a cause. Cure listed was to shut the computer all the way down, unplug it and then wait for awhile, plug it back in, then reboot. Rebooted back into the 1st hd and now it seems to be working fine. Didn't tell me much except now it appears to work.

The things I was doing at the time: Windows - Slim Browser on AO and Ice Chat on IRC for the first time. The second time on Linux - Xchat on IRC and Galeon on AO.

Guess the question is, has any one else experienced this and please elaborate on what it is. Also is it a symptom of memory going out?

Thanks much.