Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite brand of printers?

Your favorite brand of printers?

In terms of ink consumation, speed, performance etc.... which is the best in your opinion and the reasons

HP are a good brand to go for if you're going to be doing a lot of heavy duty printing (especially if you want b/w laser printers). Epson are good for cheap and cheerful stuff, plus you can pick up unofficial cartridges for about £5 a time. The quality isn't very good in my opinion but you get what you pay for.

I've used Canon printers as well, but only one model. It worked well and held up for several years of good service with three different owners before finally giving up the ghost.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I have generally used HP both professionally and at home and found them pretty reliable.

For simple stuff, I think that all the cheap ones are much the same........they cannot afford to be anything else?

Cheers

Epson 880 - its the bast printer ive ever used.

Its very fast uses bugger all ink compared to others i have had, and if you live in england you can go to Asda and get new cartrages for £9.90 as opposed to £18 from epson!

Epson use's less ink IMO but overall I'd stick with HP for reliability and performance.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Good Day,

Gotta fall in line with HP crowd at home and don't have a choice at work. The less expensive ones will do just fine, if you only need an inkjet that doesn't cost to much. However, on the less expensive ones, the doggone ink cost more than the printers do.

Connection refused, try again later.

if i'm not wrong... HP is a ink sucker isnt it?

I've personally found my HPs to be fairly good on ink consumption, but the cartridges tend to be a lot more expensive then the Epson ones (especially if you buy the "unofficial" cartridges which are about £5 a time). However, HP is by far the most reliable brand I have ever used when it comes to printers, because that's what they're good at (just like Canon are good at cameras).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Death_Knight

if i'm not wrong... HP is a ink sucker isnt it?
    I think that the "deskjet" series are on the heavy side, but the laserjets are the opposite. I have two, and they are still on their original cartridges! I guess they have done 10,000 pages between them.

If you buy a single cartridge printer, is is really only for "casual" use. Colour and black are more efficient and individual colour even better from an economy viewpoint. I picked up some of those old fashioned physical data switches and use two printers, which is not so much of a hassle to me as I mostly print B&W and if it is colour it will be all at one time so switching over and resetting the default printer only takes a few seconds.

Cheers

I have an HP 656c I bought about 2 years ago, for $50. Still works great although it does take awhile to print out the pages. That is not a concern to me, because I just go and do something else while it is printing, not in a hurry here. Cartridges are expensive, and sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new printer with the included ink, but I will stick with this because I don't print out alot of pages. My daughter is the only one who uses the color, although I have finally got here to print out here school work in grayscale. The little things that add up.