Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite brand of printers?

i think Canon ink are the cheapest isnt it?

yup, hp works well on printing speacially the colored ones. And also hp cartridges are easier to refill...^_^

Any hp deskjet user? how's the ink usage.... how about the printer scanner copier all in one ?

I have a Hp4 laser printer in the office and its been running for a long time. (Over 100,000 pages) Just replaced the rollers. Its a good printer ink-wise and I have not had any problems with it. (knocks on wood)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Any hp deskjet user? how's the ink usage.... how about the printer scanner copier all in one ?
    Yes I have a Deskjet 940c. It uses a hell of a lot more ink than the laserjets, but the quality is very good.

For a copier I would want laser technology, not inkjet. A "jack of all trades is master of none"

Cheers

Originally posted here by nihil
    Yes I have a Deskjet 940c. It uses a hell of a lot more ink than the laserjets, but the quality is very good.

For a copier I would want laser technology, not inkjet. A "jack of all trades is master of none"

Cheers
    hmm... can you explain more... i'm a noob on printers... ha

Sorry Mate!

I did not quite see where you were coming from /my bad

If you are just in a standard office/home environment, and only want to print letters, e-mails, and information from websites; AND you are going to print, say, no more than 20 pages per day, I would look for a cheaper laser black and white printer. If it is 20 pages per week then an inkjet is probably what you need?

If you have more volume then you need a slightly more expensive one...........like my best HP laser will do 12 pages per minute.

My point is that the ink consumption on a laser is minimal when compared to an inkjet, and the printer heads don't clog up like they do on an inkjet, so they will tolerate a lot longer idle time?

Now, if you have a requirement for colour printing, your economical solution has to be inkjet? How many pages of what do you think that you will print?

To give you a bit better advice I will need to know your usage requirements first, I think that we need to determine what sort of printer you need before suggesting a type and make?

So:

1. How many pages per week
    2. How many colour/B&W
    3. How many shares on the device (PCs attached)

Cheers

Hmm... if i print occassionally from websites information maybe 10 pages/per week? Hardly print any photos mostly would be text printing from me. But on the economy side the laser printer would print a cheaper cost /per page over a longer time whereas inkjet would be more expensive in the cost of printing perpage compare to laser printer. But there's a trade off as well, laser printer are much more expensive at the start. Just curious about how many page a laser/inkjet ink cartridge would able to print and their cost price.

Death_Knight,

That sounds like a cheap laser printer to me unless you want colour? I personally feel that I pay about a third the price for laser prints..............Like I said, they have big cartridges that are quite expensive, but I have yet to replace one in 4-5 years?

Also, the money for the machine buys reliability..........

If I were going to buy a printer tomorrow I would get an HP laser.............

just my personal experiences

Originally posted here by nihil
    Death_Knight,

That sounds like a cheap laser printer to me unless you want colour? I personally feel that I pay about a third the price for laser prints..............Like I said, they have big cartridges that are quite expensive, but I have yet to replace one in 4-5 years?

Also, the money for the machine buys reliability..........

If I were going to buy a printer tomorrow I would get an HP laser.............

just my personal experiences
    Well i've just got my new printer canon i560 Thanks for all yoru advice. got so fed up with my epson c41 printer