Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How can I delete my default shares?

no actually your sulotion was more than adequate. i rebooted and found the ipc$ share back which is why i came back to this thread to make that known.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

hopefully that didn`t come across as sarcastic...i was just wondering is all.
    NORML

Signature image is too tall!

i thought you were being a little testy but i had to let it slide because you were right ;-)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

by using my method (posted earlier) you don't have to delete it, and when people try to use the IPC$, their side will say it works, but it doesn't give them any access to your side. furthermore, if you are trying to remotely access your computer you don't want to disable your IPC...