Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wargame

Question Wargame

Sorry i am new at this stuff and i was wondering how do you figure out the passwords in the Wargames?

Quote from the front page...

Please feel free to look around but before you post a message please read the FAQ carefully. Many subjects have been covered on AO in it's years of operation and most of the discussions are still relevant today so please search before you ask.
    This has been covered a gazillion times in the past, you should find some relevant answers.

Plus what`s the point in someone telling you the answer....you`ll never learn.

When i get stumped i use a search engine.

Quote from level #1 on Hulla-balloo

This level is only intended to weed out the total idiots. Enter the password and you can advance to level 2.
    Hint:. Right click - view source
    NORML

Signature image is too tall!

Just Another Geek

Re: Wargame

Figuring out the passwords is the whole point of a wargame.
    If we tell you how to do it, what will you learn?
    If you just do what's been told then you're nothing more than a scriptkiddie.

Read, learn, try and if it fails read and learn more and try again.

If you need some help in understanding what's involved or why your attempts fail feel free to ask. I'm sure you'll get alot of pointers but YOU have to read and understand them to be able to use that information in a wargame.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Custom User
    Sorry i am new at this stuff and i was wondering how do you figure out the passwords in the Wargames?
    The way that I would interpret his question is that he wants to learn the techniques used to gain the passwords for levels in these web-based wargames. He simply asked how to figure it out. I haven't seen him in any other threads, so I don't know if he was asking for passwords somewhere else, but here (it seems to me) that he's asking for help to learn.

I realise that he should attempt to figure it out for himself, but if he has no understanding of the way that html works, then how could you possibly expect him to even start figuring it out?

Anyhow, as Atticus|1 said, "view source" is very handy, but not if you don't understand html. I've known it for years, so I'm not sure how obvious it would be to a newbie, so Uriah, before you even attempt a wargame, you should search on google for html tutorials which will explain to you how simple web pages are created. Once you have this knowledge you should be able to start messing about with the wargame pages till you can find the passwords, etc.

ac

Ya. Try learning html 'n java... I think thats all to get started into wargaming
    XNikon
    please don\'t visit www.BusyTalk.com

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by gothic_type
    I haven't seen him in any other threads, so I don't know if he was asking for passwords somewhere else, but here (it seems to me) that he's asking for help to learn.
    It's his first post

I realise that he should attempt to figure it out for himself, but if he has no understanding of the way that html works, then how could you possibly expect him to even start figuring it out?
    He could start by learning how html/http works. It's no use if I tell him what he should do.

If he has problems figuring it out he can always ask for help on a certain subject.

But as noted before if he does a quick search here on AO he'll find a plethora of information about wargames.

Uriah: Start by reading this post by MsMittens.
    Oliver's Law:

Originally posted here by XNikon
    Ya. Try learning html 'n java... I think thats all to get started into wargaming

Well that will not get him very far! Basic knowledge of php, sql queries and the http protocol might
    get him a lot further in the web based war game

my 0.2

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by DeadCr0w
    Well that will not get him very far! Basic knowledge of php, sql queries and the http protocol might get him a lot further in the web based war game
    It all depends on how the wargame is setup. I've played wargames that where telnet only. Then you'll need to understand basic *nix security to even get past level 1.
    Oliver's Law:

ok i got pass level 1 with view source thing is level 2 the same thing just more complex text?

Don`t you want to put forth any effort?

//edit

I think if you skimmed this thread you may find some replies helpful.
    For the love of god...use the search function.
    NORML

Signature image is too tall!