Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trnsltr

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    thehorse13, Ok. I'm jealous (you guys aren't hiring are you?).

Right. I'll remember that from now on. Carnivore is FBI's baby and Echelon is NSA (that we know of --- we have to remember that NSA is the organization that no one knows exists).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Yeah, Eschelon is indeed global.

Just as an aside, one of the sites listed on Echelon Watch was Epic. And they have a nice (although some seem outdated) list of potential tools to protect yourself (somewhat?) against Echelon and other invasions of privacy: http://www.epic.org/privacy/tools.html
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

They have "existed" for decades, it was MI5 that was secret, or was that MI6? I forget. Anyway they are recruiting as always.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Ya. But I'm a Canadian. I doubt they'd be hiring me..

Banned
    Yeah, Eschelon is indeed global.
    sorry but you spelled it 3 times wrong i believe, it's Echelon....btw: i had a screen name 4 motnhs ago "Echelon Cipher" - had to say it

and i believe Echelon spies on IM messages, e-maisl, phone convos etc....i dont think it's active now though, who knows what kind of programs the government has now up and running....btw: the www.aimencrypt.com certificate, how can they desipher it when every message sent no matter how long or short is looks like this

Friend SN (11:35:13 PM): 0€ **H*÷_€0€1°0__
    LSysAdmn (11:35:36 PM): 0€ **H*÷ €0€1°0_

doesnt there have to be a certain sign or code be assigned to every letter and number for it to be able to be encrypted ?

Heh heh, and here I was thinking everyone else was spelling it wrong.

Didn't France try to sue us over the Esch...Ech...spy thingie?

They have "existed" for decades, it was MI5 that was secret, or was that MI6? I forget. Anyway they are recruiting as always.
    I would ASSUME it was MI6, as it was the external agency, the double agents that traveled to Russia and such belonged to it, it's the equal of the U.S.'s CIA, MI5 was the internal agency, sort of like the FBI, responsible for picking out double agents in MI6 and dealing the the IRA and PIRA.

Originally posted here by thehorse13
    We ride an OC48 pipe. WOOHOO!!!

You're holding that job for me still right???????

Second:

Why has no one even said a thing about OC-256 lines? Over 13 GBs a second. I learned about them a few semesters ago.

And what speed does a T-6 Have? I doubt it would be two T3s, because 3 T-1s are far from even One T3. If I am calculating correctly, which I'm probably not, a T-6 should be close to 500 or so MBs a second. Maybe more?

Re: Trnsltr

Originally posted here by Minu
    Is it true that the NSA's crypto department has one massive uber-computer that can decrypt any public encryption software in minutes?
    Not unless they have made a breakthrough in factoring.
    Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.