Thread: Ignore & AP's

Ignore & AP's

How is it, you can ignore someone and still assign them AP's? More than likely someone you ignored has been posting really bad threads/posts or they have been annoying or harrassing you and instead of unloading negs on them you decide to ignore them.

I think if you ignore someone you should not be able to assign anything only read their responses if that.

(if you are ignored, can you view that person's posts?)

When you ignore someone you no longer see their posts right? Then why should you be able to assign them antipoints if you cannot read what they said. If this is the case I agree.

Banned
    Welp... if you personally ignore another user, and you don't want to assign antipoints to that user... couldn't you just not assign antipoints to that user? Or do you really need an extra mechanism to physically prevent you from giving antipoints to that user (a mechanism that still could be circumvented by simply unignoring that user)?

If you ignore a user, all of his/her posts will show up as hidden. You can still assign antipoints to hidden posts, though (yes, even without reading them, but the same goes for "regular" posts).
    If you are ignored by another user, you can still read that other user's posts.

oh, I thought it could be used as a cloak, I thought if you ignored someone they could not read your posts. If that was the case, anyone could ignore someone and still pick on them. There would really be no reason to ignore and assign. I just thought if you were to ignore someone, there wouldn't be a need to assign so why have the function there?

Info, your first post sounded more like a question than a suggestion. And as Negative stated, why not just not assign AP's to them period instead of re-writing code or adding something to do that for you?
    Space For Rent.. =]

I think that it just comes down to maturity.
    If you have to ignore another member, then you should show initiative and not stoop to there level, don't neg them for stupid reasons.
    I see it as if you don't wanna read what they have to say then that should also apply to either negging them or greening them.
    In the end if your that determined to neg/green another member then all you gotta do is click a few links and then you can do what you wanna

LFrog
    Umm they said i should put my signature here.
    And now all i got is a heap of White Out on the Monitor..

In order to assign APs to a user on your ignore list, you still have to click the "view this post" link. There's no link for assigning APs on the main threadview page. I don't believe this is a problem.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.