Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: XP SP2 to be released, pirates excluded

the grunt is rite , remember the crack of adobe pjotoshop was out within a few hours im quite sure that the XP SP 2 will be cracked with in hours and posted within hours for download . A

According to a survey conducted it was found that big companies (like M$) let their software to be pirated in south asian countries so that people get so much dependent on their software that they do not think of moving some where else , when they open a office or stuf like that ( where they need to have original stuff) they have to move for M$ as they are very much used to it .

nice tactics that they employ !!

This also prevents a bit complicated and free OS from taking M$ place as people are used to M$ ( linux , etc) 90% of asia runs on M$( i'd say 99%) so that is why M$ says that it will take serious steps against piracy and which never really effect priacy

yourdeadin, you really need to not turn this into an anti-Microsoft thread, or you will get burned for it. (I'm going to slap you with a trout if you use 'M$' again, show some respect to the OS that launched personal computing to where it is now)

just for Information.
    Here an Office Pro (MS) price is $400
    and a pirate one is $3
    PPl just continue to buy because the HUGE price diference.
    I believe if MS low the price just to $100 (here) a lot of ppl will just move to non-pirate version.
    The usage of pirate software is not free: it costs too much for ppl (a lot of bugs, backdoor, can go to jail, etc)
    I believe tha warez people will crack SP2 on the 1st day of availability. (or even before)
    Those guys have a lot of "contacts"....
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Hi acid~

blocking the 20 most pirated keys? hrm. In my experience that is mostly corporate keys
    Good point, but I would guess that if you are using a corporate key then you are safe, as it is a genuine multiuser one that has been paid for............I suspect that it would only get detected by a physical audit?

Jinxy, you mention a key changer that will handle 40 different keys..............that is what I was thinking of when I mentioned currency counterfeiters. It looks like only the most blatant cases have beeen identified?

Well, if XP pro is $180-200 in India, that makes it around the same price as in the UK (allowing for VAT/sales tax). Obviously the average income is something quite different? I would guess that our minimum legal wage is around $270 per week?

Interesting

I believe tha warez people will crack SP2 on the 1st day of availability. (or even before)
    Those guys have a lot of "contacts"....
    You have to remember that there is never a singular solution to a piracy problem (the same applies for security). So, the best you can do is make things too difficult for most of the pirates (network crackers) to where they throw their hands up in the air in frustration, and give up on trying to find the official SP2 release. Because mind you, when the official is released, I don't see many websites hosting it without fear of MS shutting them down.

Antionline Herpetologist
    You've hit the nail on the head there nihil. Your average income is more than twice ours. That's what causes people to buy/download pirated software. Another thing is, a decent (Celeron/Duron) computer costs around $500. That means that XP costs around half as much as the computer itself. Office costs around $400, which is about what the computer costs. Both together cost more than the computer itself. So Windows, Office and the computer together cost two months of pay. Steep, isn't it?

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Post Pff

Pooh Sun Tzu :

I know tens of places where one can still download the source code of W2K.

I know that there you can download ANY software you want, or DVD, or DivX, or music you like. And believe me, there is nothing a company can do. Where to find evidence?

I like FXP

Grtz,

I know tens of places where one can still download the source code of W2K.

I know that there you can download ANY software you want, or DVD, or DivX, or music you like. And believe me, there is nothing a company can do. Where to find evidence?
    You must have missed my entire post, so before you go pfft again, reread.

So, the best you can do is make things too difficult for most of the pirates (network crackers) to where they throw their hands up in the air in frustration, and give up on trying to find the official SP2 release. Because mind you, when the official is released, I don't see many websites hosting it without fear of MS shutting them down.
    Most, not all, catch that part? Congradulations on being smarter than the average pirate and doing illegal things.

It's called piracy sparkant?
    Interestingly though,this type will be tougher to root out,the only thing companies can and will do is flood fileshare programs and the like with bad copies of their software..still,if they keep a small trusted network of hosts it'll sadly still work
    And yes,sorry about my mistake on the software prices.I checked them out and whoaa..pretty steep lol.Interesting that idea about companies like M$ intentionally flooding the market with piracy market in SE Asia with copies of Windows to get people to stick to it.Seems like a very steep gamble as if someone does decide to purchase a pirated copy of their software,wouldnt they just continue with similar pirated copies when they update/upgrade?How does a company like M$ profit from distributing pirated copies for free(or merely inactively supporting it)?

Post Read mine

I was only talking 'bout the hosting

Grtz,