Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Violence over Art?

I've never had issues with cops, and they've helped me when I've needed them. I've been pulled over before for speeding, and actually cutting the state trooper off while speeding. All I got was a warning. There is plenty of ******* cops out there, just like there's ******* cops in Canada and everywhere else. There's *******s everywhere...get used to it. As for Canadian's being better than the US...give me a ****ing break. As for kids picking fights in Canada....dude...they're kids. I've been in canada...and I must say, you guys aren't as polished or polite as you think you are...plenty of *******s in there too. Me and my friends never picked a fight, neither have all the people I know that have gone to Canada before. Just because some kids have picked a fight with canadians...all of the sudden all Americans are *******s.

#1....maybe those kids had a reason to pick a fight...perhaps some ******* told them that Canada was better than their country...and started talking **** about the US...you know very well that canadians start the ****. How would you feel if someone asks you where you're from and when you respond United States they tell you " OH FROM THAT ****ING COUNTRY". The US never did anything to Canada so your hate and the hate of many of you there is unjustified. I don't like the government in some other countries,
    I dont hate the people there because of that...I mind my own business.

I've traveled to quite a few places in the US and I've always encountered nice people willing to help. I've even traveled in the south where the majority of rednecks live....still saw no sign of trouble anywhere. You start ****, we're going to fight back...you say **** about the US...expect to get it right back one way or the other. You continue to contradict yourself...quite embarassing if you ask me.

You talk **** about how the US is arrogant and violent...but as tiger said, there u are talking about assasinating the president and refering to the US with so much hate. You're being extremely close minded and ignorant about every issue that you've brought up. Seriously get your head out of your ass for a chance and smell the fresh air. Remember, you start ****, expect to get it rite back. Gee maybe americans start **** in Canada because everybody over there thinks they're better than anyone else, or just perhaps the cab driver will not serve you because you're an American bastard.....

Peace.

BTW...are u French Canadian?

Hey Hey,

This is going to be short, and I probably won't cover everything because I went bowling tonight and threw my wrist out... a word to the wise... Never get your fingers stuck when you are throwing a 15lbs ball.

I am a good christian, however you ever seen the amount of death and violence in the bible? I also follow a modified form of the Golden Rule. Do unto others as they do unto you. You disrespect me, I disrespect you. You beat me, I beat you. However as a citizen of the world, I extend that slightly. If the US kills 10,000 innocent global citizens, then 10,000 US citizens should be killed. Plain and simple... like I've always said... an Eye for an Eye.

If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
    Exodus 21:23-25
    If you have a bible handy, read the entire section. It's titled "The Law Concerning Violence" and spans Exodus 21:12-27. It even says to kill a person for hitting their parents. This whole the bible and christianity are peaceful thing is something that the churches have made up. Read the bible, it's a gruesome book. Christianity and Peace have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Yet you state you are a good christian that doesn't believe in guns, dislikes the US president enough to kill him, you want your legislators killed and you don't like nasty little American kids coming over and kicking some Canadian ass....... Those are the issues I'm talking about......
    Being against guns has nothing to do with being Christian. It's personal opinion. Using a gun is like racing an Indy Car against a NASCAR, or using cheat codes in a video game. It's like people who hunt with guns and call it a sport. It's not sport, it's slaughter. Going into the bush with a bow and arrows, or a spear or blade, that's sport. I would kill the US President in a second. It goes back to the bible's "Eye for an Eye", he's signed death warrants for so many people, that killing him would be justice. I want my legistators punished, and dismissed. If the only way to cause a change of government is to assassinate or overthrow the current government then so be it. They may not have blood on their hands yet, but they have legislated changes that have set the wheels in motion to bring death to many in the future. As far as Americans coming over and kicking Canadian ass. Not quite. They come over, they're cocky and they get their asses kicked. Then they go whining home, and the next day there's a publich uproar that they can't safely come into Canada because they have to fear for their lives. The only reason that's true is because they cross the boarder and shoot their mouths off.

If your Canadian legislators are screwing up to the same extent Bush is, how is Canada better..... They both seem equally messed up according to what you are saying... BTW... as an aside.... Killing someone is violence.... be it passive or active... It's violence.... get used to it....
    I never said they were screwing up to the same extent. They are causing problems. I mentioned I'd rather have Bush because he may be the cause of death for millions of innocent people, but at least he's creating jobs in the process. Our government is screwing us and giving us nothing back. Killing someone isn't always violence. Lethal injections kill people, and there's no violence there. Killing members of your own government may be violence, but it's justified. It's necessary to ensure a way of life. Killing foreign citizens on foreign soil is definately not justified. If they come and invade the US (and don't you dare say 911 was an invasion.... it was payback and guess what.. sometimes payback is a bitch)... then by all means kill them in self-defence. That's how I see the assassination of ones government. Self-defence. I'm defending myself and my country from being destroyed by beaurocrats who want nothign more than to line their pockets. While you can tell yourself that going over to Iraq and Afghanistan is self-defence, you are deluding yourself... it's the invasion.

I'd rather be hated for something I am than something I pretend to be..... You might want to think about that HT..... what with your christian professions and you propensity for solving your problems with violence...... just a thought.
    Once again, Christian and Peace do not go hand in hand....

The simple fact that you don't get your butt kicked and your **** stolen every day proves they are protecting you daily..... You just refuse to see that and give credit where credit is due. One day you will _need_ them..... They will be there for you, even if they hate your guts.... they will do thier job and help you..... Would you do the same for a police officcer that needs help? Or would you not even piss on them if they were burning in the gutter? An American would help the cop...... So would I.... But I'm a Brit.... I have standards......
    The fact that I have locks on my doors, swords in my house and my size are the reasons I don't get my ass kicked and my **** stolen every day. It has nothing to do with these <sarcasm>ever vigilant peace officers</sarcasm>. In my old neighbourhood, there was an overpass with a city "park" under it. The cop cars would pull up in droves. 6, 7 at a time and **** for hours on end doing nothing. wtf are they protecting? a grass field? Those of you who are going to retort that those are Canadian cops, don't even think about it. I've, unfortunately, seen enough glimpses of Cops (the show), to know that US police officers are just as arrogant and lazy. I have friends who have been jumped and beaten, where were the cops to protect them? Yet these same friends have crossed a deserted street at 2 or 3 in the morning, and the cops are always right there to give them a ticket for jay walking. Really sounds like they're doing there job. While driving home today, I saw about 25 cars run a four-way stop, we were one of 3 cars that actually stopped and waited our turn. Where were the cops to monitor that intersection (It was an intersection where the traffic lights were down)... heaven forbid the cops actually do work. Yes that's horrid driving on the drivers part, however I'm also biased against most people in Southern Ontario... especially when it comes to driving... they lack the most basic of knowledge.

Rodney King deserved what he got.... He wouldn't respond to the orders of a law enforcement officer.... period..... He has since proved that he is a POS on more than one occasion...... Bad example.....
    So I gave one bad example. Did you look at any of the links I provide? Are you going to tell me they are all bad example? Two Americans have posted in this thread to attest to the horrid work of US police officers. It goes on everywhere, I'm not just bashing American cops... I'm bashing the cop mentality. A guy I used to work with. The cops picked up him, through him in the back of a cop car and one guy jumped in with him. We didn't see him back at work because the cop in the back used his club to break the guys ribs. I had my life threatened at work and the guy had to be restrained. It took the cops over 2 hours to show up and my fellow employees had to restrain the guy because the cops did **** all. They finally through him in the squad car, drove down the road and dropped him off. So don't ever say the cops are out there protectiong me... they most definately are not. They're out there enjoying their coffee and donuts.

Can you see the ball as it's pitched in Baseball?????? They should FoxTrack that.... Where I come from baseball is called Rounders..... Only girls play it...... On that subject Basketball is called Netball..... Funny.... only girls play it and they don't even have a backboard..... they use skill to pop it in the hoop.......
    I don't consider baseball to be a real sport anyways.... they shouldn't foxtrack it, they should abolish it. It's nothing but a bunch of overpaid "athletes" (and I use that term very loosely), getting paid to do nothing. Basketball isn't much better, but at least they actually run end to end.
    BTW: WTF is hockey??????? Figure skating for men.... They allow fights and do nothing to stop it...... But then, with your propensity for violence, I'm sure that works for you.....
    I love hockey, and they don't stop the fights, at least not while both players are standing. Do they stop the fights in boxing? kick-boxing, olympic wrestling, or any martial arts? Do they stop you from tackling a player in North American Football? It's no different, why would they stop it. It takes skill to just stand on skates, I know many people that can't do it. It takes more skill to control the puck and shoot it past someone defending a small goal. It's not a massive goal in soccer, that there's no excuse for missing... and it's not a chalk line on grass like in football... It actually takes skill and talent.

To gore and D0pp139an93r: Amen

Tiger Shark: Do you travel much or get out much? or is it driving a straight line to and from work every day? My Friend was pulled over for backing up and changing lanes because he didn't realize he was at the street he wanted... You must be damn lucky to have been pulled over once.

I've never had issues with cops, and they've helped me when I've needed them. I've been pulled over before for speeding, and actually cutting the state trooper off while speeding. All I got was a warning. There is plenty of ******* cops out there, just like there's ******* cops in Canada and everywhere else. There's *******s everywhere...get used to it.
    I never once said there weren't ******* cops everywhere.... I just bashed cops... not American Cops.

As for Canadian's being better than the US...give me a ****ing break. As for kids picking fights in Canada....dude...they're kids. I've been in canada...and I must say, you guys aren't as polished or polite as you think you are...plenty of *******s in there too. Me and my friends never picked a fight, neither have all the people I know that have gone to Canada before. Just because some kids have picked a fight with canadians...all of the sudden all Americans are *******s.
    When you do a survey, you take a random sampling and base your results on that. That's how scientific studies are done and results and opinions are formed. Why should I form my opinions any differently? I've dealt with more than a couple thousand Americans... I'd say that's enough for a random sampling... After all it was sites you posted that broke per capita down to groups of a thousand. Anyways in my sampling, I'd say 75-80% of the Americans I've dealt with have been *******s. Again I've never said All americans were *******s, I said most where and based on the results of my sampling... that's true.

Do you want more examples? When Canada didn't back the US in your "War" in Iraq (proper word is invasion I believe.. and I've heard that from many Americans.. not just Canadians)... Anyways.. My cousins had their tires slashed while they were in Michigan because they had Ontario plates, as did the other 5 or 6 Ontario cars in the parking lot. The gas stations put up signs refusing to serve anyone who had a Canadian Plate on their car. Stores that had previously accepted Canadian Money (remember this is a border town) stopped accepting it. You're going to tell me those people weren't *******s?

#1....maybe those kids had a reason to pick a fight...perhaps some ******* told them that Canada was better than their country...and started talking **** about the US...you know very well that canadians start the ****. How would you feel if someone asks you where you're from and when you respond United States they tell you " OH FROM THAT ****ING COUNTRY". The US never did anything to Canada so your hate and the hate of many of you there is unjustified. I don't like the government in some other countries,
    I dont hate the people there because of that...I mind my own business.
    Driving down the street yelling at random people, tossing eggs at people, threatening to kill people.. while in your car? Doesn't sound like you've got a reason to go picking the fights.

I've traveled to quite a few places in the US and I've always encountered nice people willing to help. I've even traveled in the south where the majority of rednecks live....still saw no sign of trouble anywhere. You start ****, we're going to fight back...you say **** about the US...expect to get it right back one way or the other. You continue to contradict yourself...quite embarassing if you ask me.
    Where the majority of rednecks live... I'm pretty sure that's the second discriminatory comment I've heard from you in this thread.... I'd say you are the one who's embarassing. Who's stereotyping now? You've just stereotyped every Southern American....

You talk **** about how the US is arrogant and violent...but as tiger said, there u are talking about assasinating the president and refering to the US with so much hate. You're being extremely close minded and ignorant about every issue that you've brought up. Seriously get your head out of your ass for a chance and smell the fresh air. Remember, you start ****, expect to get it rite back. Gee maybe americans start **** in Canada because everybody over there thinks they're better than anyone else, or just perhaps the cab driver will not serve you because you're an American bastard.....
    You are arrogant and violent, find me a non-American who disagrees with that. Well that may be too easy, find me a couple people who don't live in the US who disagree with that. I never said you were specifically, but your country most definately is. I've yet to see how I'm being close minded, you're the one who's being discriminatory... I'm stating comments based on my experiences.... that's not close minded... that's honesty. I know damn well if I start ****, I'm going to get it back... I wouldn't have it any other way. Americans start **** because they think their better... and yer damn right we think we're better... most Canadians I know do.. Hell most Canadians think we're better if only because our Health Care is free. I've heard many Americans say they'd rather be in Canada for that reason alone.

BTW...are u French Canadian?
    I honestly don't see what that has to do with anything unless you've got another discriminatory comment on its way, however if you must know... I am not French Canadian.

Peace,
    HT

[Edit]
    So much for short.
    Gone to ice my wrist.. can we wait until tomorrow before we continue?
    [/Edit]

Hey Hey,

This is going to be short, and I probably won't cover everything because I went bowling tonight and threw my wrist out... a word to the wise... Never get your fingers stuck when you are throwing a 15lbs ball.

I am a good christian, however you ever seen the amount of death and violence in the bible? I also follow a modified form of the Golden Rule. Do unto others as they do unto you. You disrespect me, I disrespect you. You beat me, I beat you. However as a citizen of the world, I extend that slightly. If the US kills 10,000 innocent global citizens, then 10,000 US citizens should be killed. Plain and simple... like I've always said... an Eye for an Eye.

quote:

If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
    Exodus 21:23-25

If you have a bible handy, read the entire section. It's titled "The Law Concerning Violence" and spans Exodus 21:12-27. It even says to kill a person for hitting their parents. This whole the bible and christianity are peaceful thing is something that the churches have made up. Read the bible, it's a gruesome book. Christianity and Peace have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
    Last time I checked, Christianity was focused on the acts and teachings of Christ? Sermon on the mount rings a bell... Matthew 5:38-42 ... check that out HT.
    (bible is currently between a move, that reference might be off until the move is completed tommorow)

Off topic post, no responses needed

edit:
    wish me luck on my sociology final yall...

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Soda: Good Luck.

HT:

Once again, Christian and Peace do not go hand in hand....
    With that statement you place yourself at the same level as the islamic fundamentalists who would kill you simply because you do not believe what they believe.

This is why I am an athiest. Some _men_, (in any of the religions), got together and scribbled down a few "sayings and rules" from an unprovable supreme being and sold it as the "truth". From there men have committed the most barbaric acts in the names of their "gods" and believe it to be right because they have the moral authority provided by what is, to all intents and purposes, a fairy story until the existence of the supreme being is actually verifiable. These same people are shocked when someone else, under the moral authority of another fairy story does the same to them. Thus goes the cycle of violence.

I don't have issues, I have eyes. I don't pull my opinions out of thin air. I form them from what I see
    The pinnacle of critical thinking. Your opinons are based on "fact" yet your religious belief does not require the same scrutiny? I would suggest that since your wear the violent side of your religion like some kind of badge of honor you should probably apply higher standards to it than you do your opinions. That would especially include shunning the parts of your religion that would cause others harm until your supreme being is verifiable...... Otherwise you are a terrorist...... Which is a joke... since you also profess to shun modern weapons....

Come to think of it a Canadian terrorist is a bit of a joke too..... Ohhh... scarey.... He's going to hijack my canoe......

I never said they were screwing up to the same extent.
    You most certainly do HT, you most certainly do. You see there are levels of "punishment" from probation to the death penalty. You have stated more than once now that both the president of the USA and your Canadian legislators deserve the same punishment, (death). Thus their "crimes" are equal in the eyes of the law and, more importantly, in the eyes of logic. But that would be a self defeating admission wouldn't it? It would imply that the Canadians are no better than the Americans since their leaders are equally bad and the leaders are responsible for their countries and their country's actions .......

HT: It seems to me that your formative years are not yet complete, (don't take that as an insult - it's not meant as one). Your stance is confused in several areas which is a sign that the formation if the ideas/ideals that will set HT apart as a true individual is not yet complete. Again, as I said before, don't worry - time will fix it.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

fanaticals, often form their own "christianity" or religion. In their mind their hatred and tendancy toward violence is somehow justified, like they are above it all in some sense. Even when their actions oppose the very viewpoint they try and communicate. In essence no different than those on the opposite fence, the christian who kills in the name of Jesus and his teachings, even when their own life is in no danger and when Jesus above all else teached brotherhood. Perhaps an abortion doctor going to work would be an example, in a fanatical mind he is evil to the point where he takes upon himself to deliver justice from a higher power. This "higher power" is his own soul and the darkness he unlocks.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Hey Hey,

I'm going to stop responding... this is just turning into a petty feud... as my last reply however.. I will lay out my beliefs very plainly.

1. Guns are the worst invention ever and should be done away with. They take the sport out of hunting, and give an unfair advantage in a fight.

2. 911 was a tragic lose of life, however it was something the US had coming and deserved after years of sticking their noses in other peoples business.

3. Government leaders around the world are useless. Any country which claims to be a democracy and has only two parties is not a democracy... It's an illusion of democracy. We technically have like 4 or 5 parties running in this election, but we're still not a democracy... it just makes us feel a little better when we say we're a democracy.

4. Our countries should all become communist; capitalism is useless it causes war. We've seen that dictatorships don't work, We've seen that monarchy's don't work, and we've seen that democracy just doesn't work. Well I suppose democracy would work if we really had democracy, however we don't. Those of you who respond to this will say communism doesn't work and point out places like China... however in the world there is no real communism, and that's the problem. I have a friend from Poland, he lives here in Canada now. Every weekend he talks to his family back home, and all they speak of is how much they want communism back, how much better things were when they had communism.

5. Am I against violence? Yes... Do I understand that sometimes violence is necessary? Yes... Do I accept that some people in the world must die? Yes... However I don't accept that to get rid of one person, 1000s of innocent people must die, that is where the line gets drawn.

6. I have a problem with America and Americans. I will until the majority of Americans I meet are decent people. I will have a problem with American until the government ceases to be, and then we'll see what the elections bring in before I decide if I still hate America. Do I think Americans are hate mongers? Yes... Do I think Americans are overly violent? Yes...

7. Religion. I've tried them all out.. spent most of my life as an athiest. Since I found my form of Christianity, life has been better. I don't go to church, it's a useless place if there ever was one. I don't regularly read the bible. When I'm troubled or need inspiration... then I'll open the bible. However I try to live my daily life as a good person, and I speak with God every night. To me that's Christianity. Very basic, very simplistic and very plain. I don't look at the bible to be a holy grail, I definately don't see it as law. I see it as advice written out by some very wise men. I don't normally use the bible to justify violence, however since you all wanted to bring the bible in to play, I replied with quotes from the bible. Do I believe in God? I Honestly couldn't tell you, I ask myself the same thing many nights, however I still consider myself to be Christian... I believe Jesus walked the earth, even if he wasn't a supreme being, he was still a very wise man.

I think that's about everything.... Anyways I'm outta here, it's way to warm to be sitting in at the computer...

Soda: Nice quote and good luck on your final.

Tiger: You get mad at me for bashing Americans... You've lived there for 11 years (at a minimum from what I've gathered) and you still don't want to be called an American.... You want to be refered to as English... There must be a reason for that.... somewhere deep down inside you must dislike the idea of being American.

Peace,
    HT

HT:

There must be a reason for that.... somewhere deep down inside you must dislike the idea of being American.
    No...... Somewhere deep down inside I am _very proud_ of being English. Plain and simple. See how your logic isn't quite all there yet..... You took my positive, (proud of being English and wanting to be referred to as one), and turned it into a negative, (don't want to be associated with the USA). While your negative may appear logically viable it isn't the "truth" because rather than seeking other potential answers and then using logic to determine which is most likely the truth you took the first answer that fit your "agenda", (for want of a better way of putting it). I think this goes hand in hand with your "I have eyes" statement earlier.

I still say don't worry, time cured my brash, idealistic, youthful self.... Your turn will come....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Nice way of saying that when you grow up all your cares and ambition to change things for the better die.

"I used to care about the World, then I grew up and got depends instead."

I'd rather stay a child,
    And keep,
    My self respect,
    If being an adult,
    Means being, like YOU! WOOOOOO!

- Dead Kennedys

Gore: It's really interesting how most of your posts quote music...... Clearly you listen a lot to other's thoughts as laid out in their music at the cost of your own independent thought. Can you say "baaaaaaaah"?

Allow me to be quite clear..... I have my self respect. It is based on who I am and what I have done. You have yet to leave home and look after yourself let alone acheive anything on your own. You self respect is an illusion based on an image of self worth that, as yet, goes unproven.

Lastly, I am at least four years away from Depends. When I come to the point I require them I will tie a knot in the damn thing...... Luckily, it's long enough for some quite complex knots so the dam shouldn't burst unexpectedly..... And if it does, I have old age as an excuse....

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Gore: It's really interesting how most of your posts quote music...... Clearly you listen a lot to other's thoughts as laid out in their music at the cost of your own independent thought. Can you say "baaaaaaaah"?

Allow me to be quite clear..... I have my self respect. It is based on who I am and what I have done. You have yet to leave home and look after yourself let alone acheive anything on your own. You self respect is an illusion based on an image of self worth that, as yet, goes unproven.
    ... Damn, just shoot the gun of disrespect at the face why don't you...

I quoted music for two reasons:

When you were pretty much saying that as you get older you don't have these feelings anymore, it reminded me of a DK's song. Another reason is because I was listening to that song as I replied.

This is a political thing now, and so Dead Kennedys are perfectly relevant in this. Jello Biafra does more spoken word than even Henry Rollins.

Excuse me for enjoying music that has feeling and heart in it. I don't expect you to understand, I don't think you ever got into Punk Rock.

My own independent thought... I agree with a lot of what they say....The same way every state has a person to represent each state to the gov, I can use lyrics to show how I feel.

Thanks anyway, it's always good to hear that after hard work this semester in college that I still have never done anything worth respecting.