Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a problem in XP

a problem in XP

My os is XP pro with service pack 1, I happened to find I am denied to delete IPC$,why?
    Can IPC$ be deleted?
    appreciated any reply...

AntiOnline n00b
    hi

No The Server service requires the default IPC$ administrative share. Therefore, you cannot delete that share...

u mean only if I pause the service server I can delete IPC$?

p.s.
    ur dog so cutey..

Kill the service 'server', as I am willing to bet you don't use it anyways unless you are on a local home network.

from : http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm#Server

Used for file and print sharing from your computer or Message Queuing. For security purposes, you may disable this service if you do not require local printers and files shared across your network. Connectivity, however, still exists even on incoming shared network drives. Workstation needs to be running to connect to another computer that has the files you are looking for. Note: If you disable File and Print sharing, the Server Service may disappear from the Services listing. Just enable File and Print sharing again and the Server Service will return.

hi pooh sun tzu
    u mean I will don't use what??if I kill the service

AntiOnline n00b
    Yes i mean If you Close the service Server ..then you will be able to delete it

[edit]

And Poo ment to say Do you have a Home network or the Computer you are trying to delete the sahae on a LAN .. Because this .share is used with temporary connections between clients and servers . It is primarily used for to remotely administer network servers. If you don't have a Home network You probably don't need and safely close it

如果您没有一个网络在您的房子里, 然后关闭服务器

I have tried just now, XP said :haven't boot the service yet...
    however, if I boot the service, XP said:deny
    so I get a conclusion: u can't delete IPC$, an I right?
    but I don't understand why can in 2000

Originally posted here by pooh sun tzu
    如果您没有一个网络在您的房子里, 然后关闭服务器
    ÍÚÈû...ÎҸҿ϶¨ÄãÊÇÖйúÈË,ÄãÄĵÄ?
    ÎÒÒѾ_Í£ÁËservice·þÎñ,µ«ÊÇÖØÆðºó,service·þÎñÓÖÆðÀ´ÁË,ºÃÏó°ÑËüÉèÖóÉÊÖ¶¯»¹ÊDz»ÐÐ,

确定服务器是残疾和关闭。 重新起动您的计算机。我不写中国好。 我抱歉。

edit: 字体不运作为您。 与我联系在MSN wizardinstudy@hotmail.com

EDIT: DO NOT NEG HIM FOR THE ABOVE POST! WE ARE BOTH SPEAKING IN CHINESE AND HIS FONT DIDN'T COME THROUGH AS SPECIAL CHARS! Come on guys.....