Thread: Linksys Router

Linksys Router

On most linksys routers, to log in you have to go to the routers ip address in a web browser. (192.168.1.1 by default) Does anyone know of a way to log in from the command line in either linux or windows?
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Banned
    Not as far as I know, but I just stumbled on something interesting that may be of help:
    Linux on the LinkSys WRT54G.

Oh that is just tight. Wish I had a WRT54G. Wonder if it works on the BEFSR41
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Jared, if you use lynx or links I believe you can.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I think I know what he is asking...

Unlike the higher end routers (such as Cisco), there is no telnet or SSH service available (in the Linksys provided firmware) in order to do CLI configuration. It's all Web front-ended.

Anyway, hope this helps.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

there is no telnet or SSH service available in order to do CLI configuration
    Am I glad to have the unknown Siemens Santis Router Wireless ADSL router, it features telnet login, heck you can even format the flash memory, create files, users etc and mess everything up. (This router is a concurrent of linksys, at least here in Belgium)
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

I have one of the wrt54g routers, and after loading some third party firmware, i did see that the router was just running busybox linux with everything disabled except for the web interface.

i then enabled the telnet/ssh options in this new firmware and reloaded the old firmware -- for some reason, i can still telnet/ssh into the router...

before i did all of the firmware modifications, i did a port scan of my router, i found a curious number of ports open and of those ports, i found 4 of them that i was able to establish an ssh connection to...

i know this doesn't tell you how to do it on your router, but try starting with a portscan and then use putty and go through all the ports with telnet and ssh -- you may find a vunerability that noone else knew about

Try this site....

http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/index.php

They have software that will do what you want, but it only
    works on a limited number of different routers including
    Linksys
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle