Thread: Create Your Very Own System Freezes!

Smile Create Your Very Own System Freezes!

Create Your Very Own System Freezes!

That’s right! You can be the proud creator and owner of your very own System Freezes! Act now and be the first one on your LAN or Home Network to enjoy the full benefits and satisfaction of this special offer. How can you get this once in a lifetime chance to spend countless hours of self-imposed troubleshooting? How can you be as lucky as I was and waste your precious time?

All of this fun can be yours for the low cost of installing one additional fan in your tower. That’s right! Well Relyt that just doesn’t seem possible! Friends, I’m here to tell you that I just couldn’t believe it until I experienced it for myself for almost a whole month! So you won’t want to miss this opportunity!

To immediately take advantage of this special offer, go into one of those boxes of old computer parts you have been storing and grab a fan. Don’t bother reading the label beyond where it says 12V DC. But jump right in and quickly install that bugger, hook the wiring connectors up, and then fire up the computer. Shortly thereafter, you will be enjoying the pleasures of creating and owning your very own intermittent System Freezes!

Moral of this story: Don’t use a Power Supply Fan from an old AT Box as a Cooling Fan without comparing Voltage and Amp requirements!
    Connection refused, try again later.

Watch your system overheat now instead!

is this a kind of start of tutorial?
    well, true, people do anything to save 2 dollars nowdays
    probably we can all post few hundreds stuff ups we all experience will mention one of mine which cost me motherboard and cpu just to try to put termaltake temperature monitoring gadget on.
    even downloaded how to do it in pictures from termaltakes site
    but for some unnown reason insted to place little wire underneath cpu i place it on cpu and put cpu fan on it.
    the rest is new upgrade as both motherbaord and cpu died instantly
    happy building

Hi relyt,

You mean I paid all that money to Billy Gates, when the real solution was as simple as you suggest

It is a good point, I know of several fried processors and MoBos where people thought they could "save" by using heatsinks and fans from older equipment! Just because it "looked OK"

OK on a positive note, get an exhaust fan.......$5-10 and shifts 40+cfm OUT of the box............and you need to do that...........it is not about JUST cooling the CPU, video card, memory and HDDs, you need to create a positive airflow.

I try to aim for a partial vacuum effect, so the box is sort of interacting with its environment. IMHO it is not the number and capacity of the coolers it is what they actually DO, and if they complement eachother.

The other classic is mixing memory.............OK, sometimes it works, but performance is reduced to that of the slowest componenents you have installed.

Good Morning Nihil and All,

I have a new exhaust fan, a supply fan, a CPU fan, and now air is really flowing in and out.

But I sure do miss those system freezes. The sudden, nothing works, loosing data in the bit bucket, oh, don't know how I'll go on without them

Obviously feel kinda silly about the other fan. Still have it though... It's back in the box, just waiting to be grabbed again!

Hi relyt,

Just give us a snailmail addy and we will send you your own personal copy of WinME. Swap it for that fan...........

/me thinks...........now who do I hate enough?.........../

Thanks, that was an interesting one!

Nihil,

If we find someone we really don't like, I'll send you the fan and you can put it in a box with WinMe and forward to them. If the guy installs both of them, the poor ole chap won't get passed the first splash screen before the bugger freezes up eternally!

take care and thanks.