Thread: Vonage Voice system

Vonage Voice system

Anyone ever used this?

Our company is thinking about getting a T-1 line to use for these VOIP phones.

Just wondering what experiences were with it.

Also, if you have, have you ever used it with a PBX system?

I have high hopes for this, considering that our T-1 + vonage system would be $1700 a month for phone and data charges vs our current $6000 a month we pay for phone service.
    =

Although I have never personally had the chance to use it, I have heard good things about it...

I'm not sure about how well it will interact with a private branch exchange though.... IIRC the system was designed for single line usage in a residential setting.... My best guess is that there won't really be too many problems, but you never know. I think your best bet would be to get in touch with the company to see if they can set it up wihin a PBX.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    My dad uses it here in Canada. And he seems quite happy with it (he's a new geek toy type). He's able to get calls from pretty much anywhere and the quality seems decent. Price isn't too bad either considering that it includes numbers in other cities and avoids long distance charges.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

yeah the company said that they won't guantee it to work with PBX systems, but it is possible.

I just need to get in touch with our phone contractor and the vonage tech department to talk about some stuff.

when you say calls from pretty much anywhere ms.mittens, do you mean that you can't get calls from certain places?

They said that the sytem uses 90k per line so I figure a T-1 should be able to handle 11 lines, and still leave room for a data connection there.

It would be nice if they would integrate it to work with PBX systems more efficiently, or maybe In need to search for another VOIP company.
    =

Well it depends on which cities they have the service in. My dad originally only had numbers in Los Angeles and Florida (his wife's parents travel a bit). Recently he added Toronto and Moncton I believe. I don't think they necessarily have numbers in Equador (where his wife's parents are usually -- as missionaries).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

so if you want service to certain parts of teh country you have to add it?
    =

I'm not sure of all the details. Keep in mind his was a personal use, so he'd select the cities he'd want the service in. As a business, the options may be different (say, automatically a number in 10 majors cities).

thanks for the help ms.mittens, and doppleganger

Gonna give them another callt tommorrow
    =