This is the first time I have ever seen a computer a sick as this.

---Begin Story------
A couple of nights ago a good friend of mine said that their computer and internet was lagging quite a bit. So I went over there to check it out. As soon as I opened up IE, I instantly knew what was wrong. Their menubar had dissapeared and their URL bar and quick buttons had been minimized to one side so you can't see them, Now the only bar that was visible was some help search. I couldn't move it, I couldn't remove it at all. So I figured that this was a browser hijacker. I downloaded X-Cleaner, and ran it. HOLY CRAP! It found a total of 10 spyware/adware/dialers/browser hijackers.
I removed them and I figured where there is spyware there is virii, so I ran Mcafee. Another HOLY CRAP! It found 8 virii/worms. Most of them were worms, and I'm pretty sure that they caused some of the adware or spyware. After cleaning and rebooting, Mcafee firewall poped up and told me that "abetterinternet.exe" was trying to connect to the internet. Of course I blocked it because that was one of the adware virii. Then the next day I scanned the computer again and it found 2 more virii. This computer needs serious TLC.
( Oh yeah, this computer has only been online for less than a month. )
---End Story------

1. If a strange search bar showed up on your IE an all other bars dissapeared. would you use it? Well my friend was. That explains how illiterate my friend is with computers.

2. This really pisses me off because my friends that don't know anything about computers are getting raped online by greedy, coniving bastards. And the computers only use is for multimedia. So why is the Internet so unsafe? I thought that the Internet was supposed to be this high-tech living growing being that was to help everybody.

3. Is there anything more I can do to try to help make the internet safe for anybody? Is it a losing battle?