Thread: screwed over ebay/ paypal.

screwed over ebay/ paypal.

i have been screwed over in an ebay auction that has been payed with paypal recently.

i was wondering if i could do anything to this person with a bit of his information(over the net).

i have his

name
    adress
    phone number
    yahoo email account
    last 4 digits of his cc number and exp date

not anything drastic. i really just want my money. but paypal isnt doing anything so far.
    any suggestions?
    C\'s get Degree\'s
    EroZ

I've never had to do anything like this... I don't normally do business over the net... or with ebay or paypal... but from what I hear... paypal isn't going the best people to help you when your are in need.

Just a couple of questions...

With paypal, don't they pay right to your account? If so, how did you get screwed? Did they refute the charge and do a "charge back" removing the $$ from you account?

When did you report to paypal? What was their response?

How much $$ are we talking?

Did you hold up to your end of the deal? Ship the correct product in a timely manner as described in your auction? Was the product delivered? Do you have proof that it was delivered? Tracking numbers and/or insurance in the shipment?

Are you sure that the info you have on the guy who screwed you is accurate?

Depends on how much $$ is involved... but you may want to get a "free consultation" with a lawyer... to see exactly what you can do and if its even worth it.

You can filed negative feedback on the guys account and he will have further problems with purchasing on ebay... not to say that he can't open another account...

A little more details of the "deal" might help us help you better.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

the amount was 250 us

it was for an inanimate object. i just gave him the password and that s all he needed. was for a game account. lineage 2.

once he got the password he did a retraction of fund s thing. like saying that i shouldnt have the money for some odd reason.

so not only do i lose the 250. but now my paypal account is in the negative because of the retraction. so ill have some sort of fee for that.

i got his information by logging into my game account again. my character was cleaned out of its contents. but it had all his information when i "somehow" got the password after he changed it on plaync.com
    C\'s get Degree\'s
    EroZ

you sold a character for 250$$$$.....?

Well first of all, what game was this? I ask to see the common sense aspect of this. Perhaps someone paying 250 dollars for a game account is just plain stupid and someone would most likely screw you over.

You have his number and name and address. Get more information on the transaction and perhaps a small claims court would do it.

the game was lineage 2

look on ebay , they go for more then that most times

its a mmo. it was high lvl character. people pay lots

i have emails from him that show what i said to him. and one has the name and password in it. so thats proof he has it.

the only thing is, technically your not supposed to sell anything game related on ebay like this. but everyone does it.
    C\'s get Degree\'s
    EroZ

Then don't expect any support, if you weren't supposed to be doing it in the first place.

Sorry bud, thats how things go...

you're not supposed to buy accounts neither . Give it a shot with a small claims court, or if you could speak to a lawyer for free, go ahead and try it. Put together all the evidence that you have, his info and the transactions.