Thread: Opera flaw fixed

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Opera flaw fixed

In reference to this reference here as displayed on AO's main page, it's nice to see Opera's handling business. From what I know, it's the first that's actually been reported as an exploitable issue (URL mishandling/etc).

Good stuff, and for the record, Opera 7.5 is pretty good, love it!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

hmmmm,

Didn't know about the flaw...lol. I still have version 7.21, time to update. I do like Opera, Slim Browser, and Firefox. The "Three Musketeers".

Thanks for the info
    Connection refused, try again later.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Yeah, I've been on the Opera browser for over 4 years now, before Opera 5 was released as a commercial product. Been quite the road but well worth it, IMHO. I like Firefox too, very simple and efficient.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Speaking of Opera, I just dl it and its slick to say the least. I havent been messing around with it much but I saw this and decided to see if u guys could help me. Trying to set the proxy.
    Default it set HTTP to port 4001. I put my proxy IP in there and apply changes but my real IP is still being shown at various security web sites.

Thank you
    A+ Certified