Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding vulnerabilities?

lomu,

Now ask yourself, what kind of impression does this give to a bunch of security minded of folks?

Could any1 either explain personally, or direct me to articles on the subject of finding website vulnerabilities
    Unfortunately, we get approached all the time by people who ask us to show them, how to hack this or how to hack that. It gets old! If we jump first before looking, we are human and have a few vulnerabilities ourselves. However, you own some of the responsibility as well. Judging by your post, you did not read any part of the guidance provided for the new members or you ignored it. Those threads are not there for your to kiss our backsides. But rather, to let you know what is expected of your participation. Additionally they are there for you to maximize your learning opportunity and to let us know by your posts that you are not some lamer looking for a exploit.

If we have erred and misjudged you initially hang around and you will find we are very quick to resolve our differences and welcome you.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Hey... I found some IIS exploit scanners, but since they were some sort of script files that didnt have any extension i didnt udnerstand a **** of how to use them

Anyone wanna be so kind and tell me how you use those files?
    I want to exploit scan our host because someone told me that its insecure...

Wow MsM you are good Anyways, I'm glad this thread is re-opened and the dude is given another chance.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hey... I found some IIS exploit scanners, but since they were some sort of script files that didnt have any extension i didnt udnerstand a **** of how to use them

I want to exploit scan our host because someone told me that its insecure
    haha...now there is a carefully worded question.
    NORML

Signature image is too tall!

What you mean? Im a dumb swede so i dont understand much

Anyways, was that question to stupid to answer or did i mess up?

Anyways, was that question to stupid to answer or did i mess up?
    I guess you had to read the entire post to get it.

I want to exploit scan our host because someone told me that its insecure...
    You never really gave indepth details as to what you were using...just some IIS exploit scanners.
    NORML

Signature image is too tall!

Yea, thats the thing, i didnt understand **** of it it was a zip archive, i think i got it from this site with some files without extension, when i opened them in notepad they were like binary files, but was a little different characters in it....

(Correct me if I'm a little off vets)

Actually your terminology is a wee bit off. Cracking isn't "bad hacking" per se, it's breaking passwords. Hacking can be good or bad, depending on what kind of hacker you are (black hat, grey hat, white hat, etc.). The safest thing to do in these parts is to just never use the term hacker in any form or fashion in relation to yourself. Go with the term security instead, as it will prevent any misconcpetions such as this.

Hacking is simply what you make of it, and what you choose to do with the knowledge you posess. If you use it for malicious reason's, that's wrong (it's also kiddie-like and considered cracking). If you use it to learn more about a system (such as your own) or to gain more knowledge, then it's okay.
    Space For Rent.. =]