Thread: Cisco and Trend Micro unite.

Cisco and Trend Micro unite.

In another key step to the Cisco Self-Defending Network security strategy, today the company announced an alliance with Trend Micro, the global leader in Internet gateway and email-server based anti-virus technologies.
    Cisco and trend unite. http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2004/...ml?CMP=ILC-001
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

i wonder if this means we will start to see anti virus protection in the linksys routers.... now wouldn't that be interesting -- hardware intrusion detection systems??

where not only does the linksys router provide firewall protection, and routing, but also anti-virus protection by monitoring packet flow.... i guess this could also possibly mean that anti-spyware could be integrated....

just a thought at the future...
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    If you are talented in Linux this might interest you.

I think there is a "hack" for the BEFSR41 that is similar to this.

You could use the Snort facility to warn you of incoming viruses..... There are new rules on the Snort Sigs list every time one comes out that is of note. It's possible I suppose that a linux AV could be incorporated but my suspicion is that there isn't enough memory on board for the signatures.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

actually i have hacked my firmware for my wrt54g and have snort running on it now -- i am just thinking that it would be cool if all this came by defalut
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM