Thread: Email/Mailbox Encryption?

Question Email/Mailbox Encryption?

Can anyone give me the advatages/disadvantages to this.
    We are about to go to Exchange 2003 and i know this issue will come up with the executives.
    if you have a site with good info that would also be much appreciated.
    Thanks, J
    Romans 7:14-20
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Since there are volumes of information on both email and email box encryption.
    Perhaps you can be more specific on which aspects you would like more information about.

To generally speak about such a broad topic would be a bit of a snipe hunt...

To be honest i dont know anything about it...I just know that the CEO is asking about if it can be done when we upgrade to Exchange 2000
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Well to start....

Ask him what exactly he wants encrypted and when...

Did he read the word encryption somewhere and just decide that whichever email server is chosen, encryption needs to be a part of it...?

The devil is always in the details...we need some here...

Also see...

http://www.msexchange.org/

Has some good reading for ya.

thank you